App not showing all geocaches

I am a premium member and a lot of the available geocaches do not show up in the iphone app. I know this because there are a lot of geocaches that show up on my husband's android app that don't show up on mine. I have made sure that none of the filters are on. Does anyone else have this issue?

Are you still experiencing this or might it have been a situation where Geocaching.com was under heavy load and your phone wasn't getting a response from their servers?

Just to confirm, when you launch the Geocaching.com app and it loads the main page, the funnel (filter) icon at the top is green, outlined in white? If it's filled in white, there's at least some filter applied.

I don't have the issue though I guess if I wasn't seeing something I might not always know. Is there a specific type of cache that is consistently not showing up such as a mystery cache? Is there a specific location we can try to go to and see what we show on our phones for that area?

I have a question that is related to this thread topic, so I think I'll just add on to it rather than start a new thread.

I know someone out there will give me a 2 second fix, but.....

on both our iphone app and android app, when new caches are published they're not showing on the app. Surely not everyone is logging off then on again when new caches are published? I tried going to a different screen, then back to the map, and the new caches still aren't there. So go ahead, tell me the easy fix that I'm just missing. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

I have a question that is related to this thread topic, so I think I'll just add on to it rather than start a new thread.

I know someone out there will give me a 2 second fix, but.....

on both our iphone app and android app, when new caches are published they're not showing on the app. Surely not everyone is logging off then on again when new caches are published? I tried going to a different screen, then back to the map, and the new caches still aren't there. So go ahead, tell me the easy fix that I'm just missing. Thanks!

I don't think there is a magical fix. I seem to remember hearing that the database that the apps connect to is separate from the one for the website, and there's sometimes a delay in replicating new data from one to the other. Probably all you can do is wait.

3 minutes ago, The A-Team said:

I don't think there is a magical fix. I seem to remember hearing that the database that the apps connect to is separate from the one for the website, and there's sometimes a delay in replicating new data from one to the other. Probably all you can do is wait.

Did you just say "Wait" when a NEW cache is published and we want to get FTF? Hahahahahahaha.

Just kidding. I'll have to try that next time! Thanks for letting me know.

5 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

Did you just say "Wait" when a NEW cache is published and we want to get FTF? Hahahahahahaha.

Just kidding. I'll have to try that next time! Thanks for letting me know.

Sure, it isn't like there's a bunch of other people wanting to find it too, right? :ph34r:

I may be wrong about how the app works. I use a handheld Garmin, so I haven't personally run into this issue. My post was based on what I seem to remember reading around here somewhere. Because everything you read on the internet is true...