I use an IMAC Computer

bjjack

You can use the GPX function on the cache page,  instead of sending to GPS send to GPX. I use iCaching app though, I send a cache I want to look for to P GPX; then using  iCaching app download the cache to I cling app. Then after connecting the GPS handheld ( which I think you refer to, not a smartphone) upload the cache to the unit. I do not know if you can transfer directly form the home cipher to the handheld, never tried. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will provide some advice.

Are you using Garmin Express?  If you are, you need to update to the latest version 6.6.   Version 6.5 apparently no longer works.

Open Garmin Express, click the cog wheel located in the upper right hand corner.  From the new window (shown below) select "About" and see what version you are running.  If it is 6.5 click the message below "Check for Updates to Express" and update to the new version.  Once updated I would close the application then proceed as you normally would sending the list to your device using the "Send to Garmin"  choice from the list.

Wishing you success.

Garmin Express.JPG