TBs and Geocoins

I recently received actually 2 geocoins for my birthday and I was so excited to get them and decided to put them straight to use... two weeks later I went to an event in Florida and I gave it to someone and asked him to take it to the state he was at and he has done just that and he's taking it so many different places I've got so many miles on it I'm not even complaining.... But what I don't understand is on my profile it says I have 1 travel bug when I have 2... how come when it goes into someone else's hands or possession it's no longer in my own inventory? I'm not understanding this it makes it hard for me to check on it.

Your profile shows that you are Owner of two trackables... but only one are in your hands by now.

Inventory relates solely to the trackables currently in hands of any geocacher... nothing related to ownership.

Collection is another very different story... ;)

Edited by RuideAlmeida
  • Helpful 1
5 hours ago, Meredith66 said:

I recently received actually 2 geocoins for my birthday and I was so excited to get them and decided to put them straight to use... two weeks later I went to an event in Florida and I gave it to someone and asked him to take it to the state he was at and he has done just that and he's taking it so many different places I've got so many miles on it I'm not even complaining.... But what I don't understand is on my profile it says I have 1 travel bug when I have 2... how come when it goes into someone else's hands or possession it's no longer in my own inventory? I'm not understanding this it makes it hard for me to check on it.

As RuideAlmeida mentioned, you may not want to manage your Trackables by who has it or which cache it's in, because it changes as the item travels.

What won't change is the fact that you own it.  So you may prefer to look at the list of Trackables you own, so you can see their activity.  Go to your profile here, and click Trackable Items (Yours).  You see your Trackables listed.  Save that as a browser bookmark.

Untitled-1tr.jpg

Edited by kunarion

And if you're not seeing the options shown in kunarion's post above, then you can find the same option here:

gc-dashboard-tbs.png.6a56c133c1b6abaebcd623f626a2de3f.png

The reason for the different options is that kunarion is showing the 'old' format Dashboard page, while the image I've posted in in the 'new' format Dashboard page.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1