We are growing over here (on the East side)

Sluggo

We had a great time at the second gathering of the East Cascades Geocaching Society Thursday December 5th. It’s hard to get people out this time of the year; most are wrapped up (no pun intended) in holiday activities. The turnout was pretty good though. Delmar Fadden stopped by briefly, TriCityGuy was there and they talked about "Steeply South" by TriCityGuy (GC9E1B) awhile. (Delmar was the first finder the very next day.) See the logs for a good story.

PJnRG, yragnosluap, citrix_99301 & no screen name (spouse), and The_Mad_Cacher & Cache-napper were there too. Quartermasters showed up with two of her children somewhat later. I named the two mini-cachers Daisy and Petunia. (They are adorable!). Gee, I hope I haven’t left anyone out (Sugar and I were there of course).

The group decided to meet at TriCityGuy's office (clubhouse maybe?) on Saturday and log into "Downtown Kennewick WebCam" by yragnosluap (GCB0F2) and then make a full scale assault on "Steeply South”. At that time it was unfound and TriCityGuy wanted to check on it.

We talked about canceling next month’s gathering because of the holidays but everyone agreed that we should have it a week late. So, the next gathering will be on Thursday January 9th at Sterling’s in Richland. Same time (6:00 to Closing).

EVERYONE IS WELCOME!

I would really rather NOT believe!

I hope that you guys will consider being a Washington State Geocaching Association (WSGA) chapter. The meetings that we've been having in my neck of the woods are now the "WSGA Puget Sound (PS) Chapter". More information on chapters will be coming to the WSGA web site soon.

We already have many members from the East but we need more. Strength in numbers!

Seth!

icon_geocachingwa.gif

Thursday January 9th is time for another gathering of the East Cascades Geocaching Society. We would like to invite all geocachers (and people interested in becoming geocachers) to this gathering. We usually meet the first Thursday of the month, but last month we decided to delay one week so we all could get back from our holiday trips and recuperate.

The gathering will begin around 6:00 pm. at Sterling’s Restaurant in Richland, WA. [N 46 Deg. 16.724 min. W 119 Deg. 16.403 min.] We can stay until the restaurant closes at 9:00 pm, but we usually are talked out by around 8:00. You may eat dinner, have light snacks, or just coffee and/or soft drinks (we have discussed this with the manager and he understands that not everyone will be eating).

This is an informal affair, come when you can and stay as long as you can. Sterling’s is a “No Smoking” facility and does not have a bar. We are trying to encourage some of the younger geocachers to join us, so we chose a place that we thought would make them comfortable and make their parents comfortable bringing them (or leaving them there).

We will be discussing our “Clean Up the Delta” Event Cache that will coincide with Earth Day this spring, the advantages and disadvantages of becoming (or forming) a chapter of WSGA, a change in the gathering place/night, some issues of geocaching etiquette (something the we haven’t had to concern ourselves about before, because there wasn’t enough of us), and anything else under the sun that we want to talk about.

You need not RSVP, but if you can let me know that you are coming, it helps me work with the manager to get us enough space without having to reserve tables just to find out that half of the people didn’t show. Let me say that another way, if you know you are coming, let me know, but don’t stay away just because you didn’t make up your mind until the last minute. If you have any questions, send me an e-mail or call Sluggo.

This will be our third gathering, the first gathering we had 10 people come and go. The second gathering we had 14 people come and go (including two children), we would really like to see at least 20 geocachers, non-geocachers (mundanes) spouses, family members, friends, and children. (Sorry, no pets are allowed except assistance dogs).

The East Cascades Geocachers

If your life is being controlled by geocaching, you need to join our group.

The monthly gathering of the East Cascade Geocachers will be held 6:00 pm Thursday night 01/06/03 at Sterling’s in Richland. Come when you can and stay as long as you can. It’s a great way to meet other geocachers and talk about your adventures.

Sterling’s Restaurant in Richland is at (N 46 deg 16.724 min; W 119 deg 16.403 min). It is non-smoking and kid friendly. We can stay until 9:00 if we want to.

Looking forward to seeing you there,

East Cascade Geocachers

If your life is being controlled by geocaching, you need to join our group.

On 2/2/03 East Cascade Geocachers wrote:

quote:
The monthly gathering of the East Cascade Geocachers will be held 6:00 pm Thursday night 01/06/03 at Sterling’s in Richland.

That's pretty cool that you guys have a time machine over there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This message has been edited to fit your TV screen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to take the blame for that. icon_redface.gif

I posted Trafalmadorian Standard Calendar Time.

It is (of course) 02/06/03 Earth Date.

This 'flying saucer' situation is not at all imaginary or seeing too much in some natural phenomena. Something is really flying around. The phenomenon is something real and not visionary or fictitious. - Gen. Nathan Twining Chief of Staff, US Air Force, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff