Souvenir for International Geocaching Day 2018

The Snowdog

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:54 AM, The Snowdog said:

Will there be one? Just curious.

We haven't heard anything official from HQ yet, but there has been a souvenir for every International Geocaching Day since its inception in 2011, so I fully expect there will be one for this year too.

You earn the souvenirs. They are free digital rewards if you complete the requirement. Easy peasy!

Just like the Hidden Creatures souvenirs you earned this past month (I checked your profile). The Intl Geocaching Day souvenir only requires ONE log, though!

Edited by Max and 99
18 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

You earn the souvenirs. They are free digital rewards if you complete the requirement. Easy peasy!

Just like the Hidden Creatures souvenirs you earned this past month (I checked your profile). The Intl Geocaching Day souvenir only requires ONE log, though!

Thank you-I understand now.  The coin is so pretty, though. I was hoping I could buy a real one. : )  But...I was hoping for a real Kraken, too. Guess I will have to settle for virtual. : )

45 minutes ago, BugLuv said:

I just received the email. Do you purchase this souvenir after finding a cache? Wasn't sure how this works.

Souvenirs appear on your user profile.  You can see the souvenir page of your profile  HERE.

15 minutes ago, BugLuv said:

Thank you-I understand now.  The coin is so pretty, though. I was hoping I could buy a real one. : )  But...I was hoping for a real Kraken, too. Guess I will have to settle for virtual. : )

You could purchase physical items at Shop Geocaching:   2018 International Geocaching Day geocoin   &    Hidden Creatures Items

earn't mine yesterday ?

but its not showing up on my profile ?

when will it be added , as I see others have it on their profiles already 

Gold Star Congratulations, you have earned a souvenir!Learn more or View Profile.

International Geocaching Day 2018
Happy International Geocaching Day! This special day is celebrated by geocachers worldwide every third Saturday of August. You earned this souvenir by finding a cache or attending an event on August 18, 2018!

On 8/19/2018 at 12:22 PM, little-leggs said:

earn't mine yesterday ?

Seattle has been awake for some time now, but still no souvenir on your profile. Will you let us know when it arrives?

On 8/19/2018 at 10:22 AM, little-leggs said:

earn't mine yesterday ?

Gold Star Congratulations, you have earned a souvenir!Learn more or View Profile.

Happy International Geocaching Day! This special day is celebrated by geocachers worldwide every third Saturday of August. You earned this souvenir by finding a cache or attending an event on August 18, 2018!

Did you submit your log via the app or via the website?  And what time of day did you submit it?

I'm wondering if this is a time zone problem, especially if submitting via the app - which seems to set the log timestamp even further back than if submitting via the website.

My suggestion would be to copy your log text, delete your log, then re-log a Found for that cache via the website (where you can set the 'date logged' to 8/18).  That should get you your souvenir.