International Geocaching Day - whenizzit?

48 minutes ago, TriciaG said:

A quick web search showed 2 days: Thurs, August 16 and Sun, August 19. I don't know which is correct.

I tried a couple searches myself and only found past years.  Nothing in the O-fish-all Blog, yet.

I'd rather get the event right on the bunny than go through the bother of moving it (which messes with tidy people who like to keep their ducks lined up in advance.)

Well, dang and stuff.

I've done this search how many times and now this pops up:

https://www.checkiday.com/64153818189414efe5372b4e129ffa8e/international-geocaching-day

August 18th, 2018.

Plus, future dates.  Does that sound right, third Saturday of August? 

From the 2016 Souvenir, teh frog sez:

A Souvenir by: Geocaching HQ

Additional Information:Happy International Geocaching Day! This special day is celebrated every year on the third Saturday in August. 

So that sounds pretty good.  18th is shall be, an event of eventful proportions ... there may be coffee involved.

There used to be an article in the Help Center that gave the rule, but that article seems to be gone now. The third Saturday in August sounds right, and I confirmed that every previous IGD since 2010 has occurred on the third Saturday in August.

Strangely, even though this is just over a month away, I have yet to see anything from HQ about it on any platform. Maybe they've been too busy with the current promotion?

3 hours ago, The A-Team said:

There used to be an article in the Help Center that gave the rule, but that article seems to be gone now. The third Saturday in August sounds right, and I confirmed that every previous IGD since 2010 has occurred on the third Saturday in August.

Strangely, even though this is just over a month away, I have yet to see anything from HQ about it on any platform. Maybe they've been too busy with the current promotion?

Looking back, I do not see a souvenir for every year.  Doesn't matter.  We'll get out and do a CITO.  Can't wait on GC.com

20 hours ago, DragonsWest said:

Looking back, I do not see a souvenir for every year.

There has been one every year, but they had inconsistent names in the first few years:

2011: International Geocaching Day

2012: Second Annual International Geocaching Day

2013: 31 Days of Geocaching 17 / 31 Int'l Geocaching Day

2014: International Geocaching Day 2014

2015: International Geocaching Day 2015

2016: International Geocaching Day 2016

2017: International Geocaching Day 2017