Event Guidelines -Floating events

RenMin

An annual event held on a local river was kicked back by our reviewer today for the following reason:

"A recent change in floating events is they must be attached to something immovable like a dock or island to keep them on coordinates. This is to ensure the event stays on coordinate for the entire period of the event. Tying off to a navigation buoy is not allowed as it is against the law to tie off to or attach anything to one."

I had not heard of this change and was not able to locate this exact wording on geocaching.com. Am I missing something? The event is in it's seventh year and is held on the Hudson River. The event coordinates are where we meet and during the event, and as we float, we must readjust with our GPS units back to event GZ. I have never had this event kicked back with this reason and can understand if the guidelines have been updated, but I can't seem to see where event CO's were given this information on the website. A penny for your thoughts..