Total number of finds on your own hides

Agree with Touchtone, project gc would be my bet too.

When I look at the "Logged Visits" at the bottom of each cache page I can see find totals, but I'm not sure how they'd fit into "stats".

For example, a 1.5 D/T should see a lot more finds than a 4/5, but those fewer 4/5 finders went through much more to find that cache.

- Guess I don't understand what meaning just a "find number display" would really have.   :)

• Upvote 1

If you use GSAK, it's an option on FIndStatGen3 to display statistics on your owned caches (edit: though on your main profile page, not on your dashboard).  It requires you to have an up to date database in GSAK of your owned caches.  I run a PQ on my bookmark list of our owned hides at the same time I run a My Finds PQ, then use both to update my databases and do a stat update.

It also tracks who's found more than one of your caches, as well as caching karma (ratio of your finds to how many finds on your caches).

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Edited by hzoi

Thanks everybody for the replies. I was just wondering why Its so complicated to display a total find number on my own caches.....I mean Groundspeak lets everyone show off all their cache finds, souvenirs, counties & countries, etc on the dahboard...but don't give the hiders a chance to show off their number of times they've thrilled all the cachers, by putting a cache out for them to find. I think its a important number to display as any other....

just saying

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, Nature Kids said:

Thanks everybody for the replies. I was just wondering why Its so complicated to display a total find number on my own caches.....I mean Groundspeak lets everyone show off all their cache finds, souvenirs, counties & countries, etc on the dahboard...but don't give the hiders a chance to show off their number of times they've thrilled all the cachers, by putting a cache out for them to find. I think its a important number to display as any other....

just saying

The data is all there (every cache page shows the number of logs, Found IT or otherwise) so it would not be complicated to do.  Why don't you post a Feature Request in th Website Bugs and Features forum section?

I can't remember the last time that GS changed anything on the Statistic tab in the profile page.   Perhaps it's not a high priority when there are API partners providing much better statistics than that page.   I had suggested once that maybe GS should  eliminate the current implementation of the Statistics page  integrate directly with GSAK or Project-GC (after all, they *are* partners) and allow users just to select one of them for the Statistic they provide.   Currently, those that want to use  GSAK, Project-GC (or others) for statistics have to place them on the "Bio" page in their profile rather than on the Statistics tab because the Statistics tab is not editable.

Edited by NYPaddleCacher
  • Upvote 1