LaurenCat a traitor?

oregone

I've always considered myself stereotypically anti-californian, despite a few lapses here and there. You know, i laugh when i see the acura with the CA plates pulled over by the tigard police on the shoulder of 217, scoff at any dish with soy as its main ingredient, and have a general dislike for any movie with jennifer love hewitt.

But sometimes i do concede. That is to say, i've dated a few of "them" that have somehow migrated--undetected--to oregon. I feel a certain responsibility for assimilating them into our culture, so when i do bring them in, i try to teach them the law of the land. Usually, the process works swimmingly. Such was the case with LaurenCat--or so i thought! Check out her log on this cache and tell me if she should be allowed out of LaLaLand.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

oregone, i DO NOT apologize. i do love oregon. i am not moving back to la because i like it here better. however, it DOES rain less in california and i don't like rain. it's cold and wet. also, it does smell better in california. as for the "dank" comment, it's kinda true. y'all have a lot of mold and such up here. things are wet, it's inevitable.

besides, my dear oregone, i've decided to change my residency. maybe i'll even get oregon plates.

Kitten!

quote:
Originally posted by Team Roman Geoskis:

Hey Oregone, I recall driving from Big Sur, CA. to Coos Bay, OR in the late 70's on I-5. Just as I crossed over into oregon I remember seeing a billboard that read "Do not californicate our state". Is that still there?

No, it's not there anymore. Ever since Governor Tom McCall left in the 70s, Oregon has adopted a more friendly official attitude toward our neighbors to the south. Unofficially, however, it is open season 365 days a year on Californians.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

As another transplant from places beyond, I can understand LC's reluctance to accept that which is the PNW. However, it is inevitable, if one stays here long enough, that the mold and mildew (the 'dank' as it were) will attach itself to you and you will be unable to leave no matter how hard you try.

Virginia is no California - it has 4 seasons, including very rainy springtime, so getting used to it for me was likely not as difficult as it is/will be for LC - but she will be assimilated.

5505_600.gif

quote:
Originally posted by makaio:

As another transplant from places beyond, I can understand LC's reluctance to accept that which is the PNW.

I have called home to Or, Wa, Ca, Az, and Or again. I must say that Oregon has the best "overall" score in places to live. Sure there is no Gila Monsters, Blistering sun, or 5 hour commutes to work... but I will survive. No worries LC as you will slowly come over to the "Dank" side. icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by makaio:

As another transplant from places beyond, I can understand LC's reluctance to accept that which is the PNW.

I have called home to Or, Wa, Ca, Az, and Or again. I must say that Oregon has the best "overall" score in places to live. Sure there is no Gila Monsters, Blistering sun, or 5 hour commutes to work... but I will survive. No worries LC as you will slowly come over to the "Dank" side. icon_wink.gif

I grew up in Seattle so Portland seems fairly dry compared to my hometown.

I moved here shortly after Tom McCall was out of the picture, but I guess being from Seattle bred the proper anti-CA mentality. But if a former LA resident posts on a public forum that she's not going back, we should accept her as one of "our" own.

I moved here from NYC nearly a half decade ago. I have never been back to the city of my birth.

I still consider myself a born and raised New Yorker, thats not going to change, but I am now and probably will be for he rest of my life an Oregonian.

Now as to those who complain about the rain, the trees, the snow, the woods and all the rest, there is an easy solution to your problems. Its called taking all your belongings, shinning them up all nice and pretty, folding them up like a USGS map and sticking them right up your candy arses.

Oregon is such a great place to live BECAUSE of the rain, the musk, the stank and the bother. It would not be as green, as fertile or as amazingly bountiful if it were not so.

If it does not rain here as much as it needs to we get a freaking draught and a plauge of forest fires. Oh yea, its so much better to have an even skin cancer tan than to have enough water to meet the needs of a vibrant ecosystem.

If you want some sanitizied, mowed over , enviromentaly safe, climaticlay secure haven to peacefully live out your sheeple years then there is a place for you, its called mid to southern California and your welcome to it.

Thats the one thing that the New Yorker in me and the Oregonian in me have in common, we loath the bleached bright vapidity of the Californicated:)-

Now dont get me wrong, the lack of good bagels here is a pain and the limited concert offerings (both classical and modern) are often a drag, but if I want those things I know where to go.

But all in all I dig living in the bounty of Oregon with an attitude forged in the fires of New York. Its the best of all worlds:)-

Just my 2cents

-tom

----------------------------

TeamWSMF@wsmf.org

I moved here from NYC nearly a half decade ago. I have never been back to the city of my birth.

I still consider myself a born and raised New Yorker, thats not going to change, but I am now and probably will be for he rest of my life an Oregonian.

Now as to those who complain about the rain, the trees, the snow, the woods and all the rest, there is an easy solution to your problems. Its called taking all your belongings, shinning them up all nice and pretty, folding them up like a USGS map and sticking them right up your candy arses.

Oregon is such a great place to live BECAUSE of the rain, the musk, the stank and the bother. It would not be as green, as fertile or as amazingly bountiful if it were not so.

If it does not rain here as much as it needs to we get a freaking draught and a plauge of forest fires. Oh yea, its so much better to have an even skin cancer tan than to have enough water to meet the needs of a vibrant ecosystem.

If you want some sanitizied, mowed over , enviromentaly safe, climaticlay secure haven to peacefully live out your sheeple years then there is a place for you, its called mid to southern California and your welcome to it.

Thats the one thing that the New Yorker in me and the Oregonian in me have in common, we loath the bleached bright vapidity of the Californicatedicon_smile.gif-

Now dont get me wrong, the lack of good bagels here is a pain and the limited concert offerings (both classical and modern) are often a drag, but if I want those things I know where to go.

But all in all I dig living in the bounty of Oregon with an attitude forged in the fires of New York. Its the best of all worldsicon_smile.gif-

Just my 2cents

-tom

TeamWSMF@wsmf.org

While I'm not a pure bred Californian (born in Georgia), I was raised there for 23 odd years before moving to the NW. I love it up here, and certainly don't miss much of the congestion, smog, busyness, etc. But there are days round about now, when I could do for some extended periods of sun. I miss Monterey (raised in N. CA, which is not like S. CA, and should probably be a different state altogether), I miss other sports options(NBA basketball 365 days a year sucks, and is it just me or does the Sports section in the local papers have serious deficiencies?), I miss Santa Cruz and warm spring days. . . .

But that all to say, that I sure do love this area, and it would take a whole lot to drag me back.

looks like i'm a minority too. I was born and raised in California. I just went down to San Diego and I must admit it was tough to come back to this rain, snow, hail, wind climate when I was just doing hikes in 65 degree and sunny weather. As far as stench goes Oregon definately smells better and Oregon is much cleaner of a place. My wife couldn't stand the amount of insects down there especially after that monster cricket we stumbled upon. Both places have their good and bad. Sidenote: Looks like we have a Rock fan amoung us.

geosigbuscard.jpg

quote:
Sidenote: Looks like we have a Rock fan amoung us.

Can you smell ...what Oregon....is cooking.

Actualy Im more of a Mankind Terry Funk sort of guy, and these days that means watching the product with one eye closed.

Oh for the days when Paul E was on his game.

But thats a very very side noteicon_smile.gif--

Bang Bang....have a nice day

-tom

TeamWSMF@wsmf.org

quote:
Sidenote: Looks like we have a Rock fan amoung us.

Can you smell ...what Oregon....is cooking.

Actualy Im more of a Mankind Terry Funk sort of guy, and these days that means watching the product with one eye closed.

Oh for the days when Paul E was on his game.

But thats a very very side note:)--

Bang Bang....have a nice day

-tom

TeamWSMF@wsmf.org

firstly, thank you so much to all who stuck up for me. this is one reason why i'm not moving back to l.a.- people are a lot nicer here.

secondly, i never said i did not like oregon. just because i lapsed into nostalgia while visiting my home state of 17 years doesn't mean that i hate oregon. on the contrary, i love it here.

thirdly, just so you all know, oregone wasn't born in oregon. he isn't a native either despite what he makes it seem.

the beaver state is great.

Kitten!

Being from Idaho, I understand and sympathize with Oregons infestation, we have the same thing here. The one thing to remember is that you are probably the minority if you are a native, so one must be carefull as to his/her comments in a crowded room. I for one don't have a problem with someone being from the "big C word", but I find that they are like tribbles, one or two are a cute novelty, but soon you end up with ten million of the darned things. All I can ask is that they remember a couple of things.

1.If your birth certificate doesn't say Idaho/Oregon you are not a native and you NEVER will be.

2.Vacations aren't supposed to last 40 years

3.If you move someplace else to get away from some problems make sure you don't bring them with you. icon_biggrin.gif

Being from Idaho, I understand and sympathize with Oregons infestation, we have the same thing here. The one thing to remember is that you are probably the minority if you are a native, so one must be carefull as to his/her comments in a crowded room. I for one don't have a problem with someone being from the "big C word", but I find that they are like tribbles, one or two are a cute novelty, but soon you end up with ten million of the darned things. All I can ask is that they remember a couple of things.

1.If your birth certificate doesn't say Idaho/Oregon you are not a native and you NEVER will be.

2.Vacations aren't supposed to last 40 years

3.If you move someplace else to get away from some problems make sure you don't bring them with you. icon_biggrin.gif

Yea it's me. I lived in Clark County all my life up until the year 2000. After that I got fed up with the rain and packed my bags, sold my house and moved to Fort Collins, CO.

While I think the planning and effort that went into the caches was better then here in Colorado, when I was hunting for caches in the Northwest, all I could think of was. This is cold, and wet, and in general not as much fun. I do think there are three months in the summer where the Pacific Northwest would be the best place on the planet to cache.

I am a true traitor to the Northwest already. When a caching get together was postponed because the trails were a little muddy, I was right in there saying "yea mud sucks"

Dan "Benedict" Edwards

I was born and raised in Oregon. Actually, I'm from Estacada but I live in Portland, so I've seen two very different sides of Oregon.

I don't ever notice stuff like mold or pollen. The rain doesn't bother me - in fact, my girlfriend is from Arizona ...when I'd visit her during the winter months, it would always confuse me as to why it was so sunny and so hot. Nice, but didn't feel right. Especially during the summer. Far too hot.

I don't get depressed by the clouds - Fall through early summer, seems like. It's just a way of life.

One thing I've noticed about the NW, BTW, is that there are always trees, hills and other stuff obscuring your view. It is so weird to visit a place like Phoenix and to be able to see forever.

That all being said, I *am* your typical Oregonian who doesn't like the thought of Californians moving up here, muckin' the place up - though all that I've met have been nice people. I've never been to California, though I've been close a few times. It's a source of pride to have NOT been there - but have been through washington, idaho, nevada, colorado, texas and arizona. But not California. icon_smile.gif

LaurenCat: good luck to ya, wherever you end up - even if it's in California. icon_smile.gif

"What you do today will cost you a day of your life." --jabber's sig on /. and k5.

I was born and raised in Oregon. Actually, I'm from Estacada but I live in Portland, so I've seen two very different sides of Oregon.

I don't ever notice stuff like mold or pollen. The rain doesn't bother me - in fact, my girlfriend is from Arizona ...when I'd visit her during the winter months, it would always confuse me as to why it was so sunny and so hot. Nice, but didn't feel right. Especially during the summer. Far too hot.

I don't get depressed by the clouds - Fall through early summer, seems like. It's just a way of life.

One thing I've noticed about the NW, BTW, is that there are always trees, hills and other stuff obscuring your view. It is so weird to visit a place like Phoenix and to be able to see forever.

That all being said, I *am* your typical Oregonian who doesn't like the thought of Californians moving up here, muckin' the place up - though all that I've met have been nice people. I've never been to California, though I've been close a few times. It's a source of pride to have NOT been there - but have been through washington, idaho, nevada, colorado, texas and arizona. But not California. icon_smile.gif

LaurenCat: good luck to ya, wherever you end up - even if it's in California. icon_smile.gif

"What you do today will cost you a day of your life." --jabber's sig on /. and k5.

Yeah, I managed to get out - but I still find time to go back about once a month or so, visiting my parents.

The area isn't bad, as long as you're really in the countryside. The town itself ...is another story.

A co-worker noted that Estacada's main cash crop seems to be weed that's worse than mexi-weed. Pretty much says it all, doesn't it?

I'm not a native Oregonian. I moved here from Colorado with my parents in 1982. Been here ever since unless you count my 6-years in the Air Force. I married a native and have one native child. I have noticed that in 1982 Oregon was cleaner than it is now. There was less grafitti. (I'm in the Salem area) Now I won't speculate as to the cause. We can all decide for ourselves what the cause is. But I can tell you one thing for sure. I didn't do it!

8009_400.jpg

Let's see. I am a native born and raised Oregonian. So is my Wife. So are our three kids. So are our two grandbabies. My Mother is a third generation Oregonian. My Father is from Montana, which as far as I can tell is close enough or just as good. As for the wet side, I was born and raised over there. It seems as I had a chocker or strawline in my hands forever. Trees, Rain, Shrubs, Banananananananan Slugs, cold, dank, moldy. Seems to me like the right combibation to keep people out or drive them away after a while. We now have a house on the dry side. Hot, windy, cold, dry, windy. People moving all the time. After a hard winter over here, we see lots of u-hauls and ryder trucks heading, well bluntly, out. As a parting shot, It was called the Oregon Trail for a reason. Oregon. Those of lesser fortitude went South to avoid the work of dealing with the weather. You can not change the weather but you can adapt, or leave. Next.

Well I grew up in Northern California. Moved to Northern Washington. Moved back to Northern California. Then I moved to Oregon eight years ago. I have lived in Ashland, McMinnville, and the Portland area. Most of my native friends have adopted me because I am from the north side of the "evil down south" for witch I hold a special place for in my heart. I have to say being from the coastal region in northern california I am right at home here. Love it. Will be here for a while longer(at least untill I get a bug to move again.) D

I was born in Bend Oregon, spent my younger years from age five, in Hawaii(Oahu)and moved to Vancouver WA at age sixteen. I miss all the stars of the hawaiian nights and eighty degree Decembers but think I would miss the northwest dank, mud and moss more. Home is where you would rather be. Bob G.

I was born in Hillsboro, Oregon in 1974... Been here ever since icon_smile.gif

I love our rain.. I love our sunshine (when we have it)... I love our storms at the beach... I love our high desert area...

I guess I like a varity of things... Looks like this is the best place for me icon_wink.gif

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

frac-tri.gif

N 45° 30.ish

W 122° 58.ish

I love our rain.. I love our sunshine (when we have it)... I love our storms at the beach... I love our high desert area...

I guess I like a varity of things... Looks like this is the best place for me icon_wink.gif

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

frac-tri.gif

N 45° 30.ish

W 122° 58.ish

quote:
Originally posted by fractal:

I love our rain.. I love our sunshine (when we have it)... I love our storms at the beach...

I do miss storms on the beach! That and the pizza, what is it with Colorado. PIZZA is not a complex technology dadgum it!

Dan

quote:
Originally posted by fractal:

I love our rain.. I love our sunshine (when we have it)... I love our storms at the beach...

I do miss storms on the beach! That and the pizza, what is it with Colorado. PIZZA is not a complex technology dadgum it!

Dan

Born in Salem, and here in Salem is where I can still be found. I love the fact that I can get to either an urban area, a mountain retreat, a coastal view, or a beautiful stream flowing through the valley all with just a short drive. Take a little longer drive and I can get to year around Snowskiing (Timberline), the worlds best windsurfing(the Gorge), or high desert plains. I love that a river is never too far away from anywhere, that the weather is rarely too cold or too hot, that we don't get many major earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes or floods. (even with all the rain, major floods are rare) This is a great place to live, I just wish it was a better kept secret. icon_smile.gif

ummmm....not sure what to say here....so ummm, well errrr, uhhhh, well I guess that's it.

Born in Salem, and here in Salem is where I can still be found. I love the fact that I can get to either an urban area, a mountain retreat, a coastal view, or a beautiful stream flowing through the valley all with just a short drive. Take a little longer drive and I can get to year around Snowskiing (Timberline), the worlds best windsurfing(the Gorge), or high desert plains. I love that a river is never too far away from anywhere, that the weather is rarely too cold or too hot, that we don't get many major earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes or floods. (even with all the rain, major floods are rare) This is a great place to live, I just wish it was a better kept secret. icon_smile.gif

ummmm....not sure what to say here....so ummm, well errrr, uhhhh, well I guess that's it.

Geez, I suck!

I was born in Southern California. My Mom is a native Californian. My Dad migrated from Kansas.

I moved to coastal Northern California so as not to shoot some idiot during a freeway commute (really, I had that b.b. gun in my sweaty hand...).

I've lived in Crescent City since '89. I came with a So. Cal. attitude, but the rain washed it away. My kids were born here, and I refuse to let them grow up someplace worse or more dangerous. There aren't as many opportunities for work here, but I've managed to get around that and make my own opportunities.

Now Steak... that boy was born in Ohio. His Mom moved him to Moss Landing (near Monterey) until he was seven and then they moved to Brookings. That's where I found him. Took him six years of living with me to get a California license, and he still keeps his Oregon license... he doesn't want to let go!

It is funny, Californians treat us like we're Oregonians and Oregonians treat us like we have a plague... even when we bring our money there to shop. I've considered moving to Newport (you'll never get me away from the coast), but it is hard to relocate a business like mine.

Don't think bad of me... I might as well be an Oregonian! I'm more a resident of Obfuscation.

Oh, and Monterey IS NOT Northern California, no matter what anyone says! Look on the map - it's in the middle of the state, just like San Francisco! I live in the REAL Northern California... 24 miles from the Oregon border!

----------

Lori aka: RedwoodRed

KF6VFI

"I don't get lost, I investigate alternative destinations."

GeoGadgets Team Website

Comics, Video Games and Movie Fansite

geobutton1.gif

I'm so glad that Oregon is a buffer between us and Cali! (Along with Washington, B.C. and Yukon Terr.!) I grew up in Oregon and saw how the Californians and their road rage transformed our state. Their gangs and drugs funneled into local points of "distribution" and the attitudes sifted down to the children. Now I'm in a state that's like OR used to be!

I love when people whine about Californians. In this country they are like the marching chinese. No end to them and more money than most of the rest of us for no particulary good reason.

Yeah they invented Tofu but then every car that actually had some style was designed in CA also. UC Berkerly attracts the nuts from all over the country and gives them a place to go. Until they graduate and move to Fairbanks.

If I had to choose a place, I'd take Northern Californa for the land, Idaho for the atmosphere, Washington for the potential, Oregon for their love of the land, and populate it with Alaskans I also think I'd throw in some of the chutzpa Montana Militias have, and the lack of PC that Arizona displays.

Oregone, your former lady is as Northwest as anyone. She just hasn't learned that the Northwest is mostly desert and that you can move a little west to get out of the rain.

First of all all you California Haters are wasting your time. They don't need you nearly as much as you need them. I won't even go into the details of that statement. Sufficie it to say that it's more true than you realize.

However:

Oregone. Nice state, too bad you wouldn't know a good economy if it came up and bit you. Even if it did, Oregon would find a way to ruin it.

Alaska: Gimme a break. Every freak in the nation heads West hits the coast and heads North till they run out of road. Then they look around. Yup they are in Alaska. More Drugs, Ice Cream, Alcahol, Suicide, Depression, and Crime per capita than about anywhere. Worse yet this is all going on at the same time.

Wasthington. Talk about a state with more potential than anywhere, yet they are even more Californicated than California. Without the great climate.

Idaho, this state is so stigmatized by the Potato, and White Supremists that most people just stay away. Plus if you actually stop and look where all the people live you have to wonder why anyone would bother to stop. The only exceptions might as well be in Washington.

And since we had a New Yorker in the posts.

New York:

Everyone I've ever met from New York has needed a swift kick in the a$$. Their noses are so far up that I'm suprised they don't drown during the first seconds of the Portland rain festival. Not to mention the ones that locate in the dryer ares plugging their noses with dust and soffocating. New Yorkers have never learned the lesson that there is as much culture in a good poker game or stepping in a cow pie as there is on Broadway.

California: The only problem with this state is that it's California. If they could just flush the government and start over. Maybe with all the Libertarians that roost elsewhere in the Northwest (especially Alaska). Draft the gangs into the military and turn them loose in the hunt for Osama. We would kick some major butt in short order.

If I left anyone out, it's not intensional, it's because I haven't lived there enough to know what's FUBAR about the state.

I would not trade the Northwest or West for all the gold that used to be in Fort Knox. In spite of everything I have just stated in this post.

Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

"If I had to choose a place, I'd take Northern Californa for the land, Idaho for the atmosphere, Washington for the potential, Oregon for their love of the land, and populate it with Alaskans I also think I'd throw in some of the chutzpa Montana Militias have, and the lack of PC that Arizona displays."

I am suprised that you knew Idaho had an atmosphere, being as Idaho's usually isn't visible.

quote:
Originally posted by niskibum:

Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

"If I had to choose a place, I'd take Northern Californa for the land, Idaho for the atmosphere, Washington for the potential, Oregon for their love of the land, and populate it with Alaskans I also think I'd throw in some of the chutzpa Montana Militias have, and the lack of PC that Arizona displays."

I am suprised that you knew Idaho had an atmosphere, being as Idaho's usually isn't visible.

It's grass burning season, and Boise often has a haze, but I was talking about the other kind. Like when you walk into a party and know you will have a good time or know it's already past when you should of left.

"It's grass burning season, and Boise often has a haze, but I was talking about the other kind. Like when you walk into a party and know you will have a good time or know it's already past when you should of left."

I know what you were talking about -duh- It was a play on words to point out one of the obvious (and numerous) flaws of "the big C word". If you take the time to look at my original post along with many others here, I was not bashing Cali, in fact I have no problem with it or Californians as long as they are in California and not here driving up the cost of property, complaining about the cold and the snow, and whining about a couple of weeks of smoke from the grass farmers that were here long before they were. And by the way, it's not grass burning season, thats end of summer. It's main purpose is to get rid of the transplants that made it throught the winter.

I believe that you have a very narrow view of my state along with its neighbors, and I hope that it stays that way, and you spread the word, after all, our atmosphere isn't this good because of overpopulation.

quote:
Originally posted by niskibum:

If you take the time to look at my original post along with many others here,

Ok, now I've actually taken time to read your original post. You have no idea what I'm getting at.

My point is that people who take the time to whine about everone else includeing evil Californians are part of the problem. Not the solution. My point was that yes there are good reasons to not like California, and good reasons why every other state in the northwest has problems also. "Thanks for visiting, now go home" isn't good either. I can think of more than one Idaho Native who would do the state some good if they left and didn't let the door hit them on butt on the way out.

I have lived in California, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Alaska. Of these I claim Alaska as my home state (I lived there from Jr. High through College), but like most people in Alaska I was not born there. Even though Alaska is my adopted home state I have passed a point where Idaho has has been my residence longer than anywhere else. I've lived in Soutwest, Southeast, and Northern Idaho. I truly doubt I have a narrow view of "your state", but I do have a good grasp of everyone elses narrow view of Idaho and the other states I've lived in.

Broadening that narrow view, was the main point of my original post.

As for your definition of Native; We don't run around with our birth certificates stapled to our foreheads. It's character that counts, not our 'papers'. This is real life. Not the AKC. I was hoping to remind a few people of that. I don't meet your defination of Native, but then your defintion really doesn't matter. Excpet on paper.

My point has been made, however poorly. Some will agree, some won't. Either way it's time to move on to a new thread.

"adj. 1.Inborn; innate. 2.Being such by birth or origin. 3. One's own by birth 4. Originating or produced in a certain place; indigenous

noun 1.One born in or connected with a place by birth. 2.An original inhabitant-a life long resident. 3. Something, esp. an animal or a plant, that is native to a particular place.

Try the American Heritage Dictionary's definition since you don't seem to like mine.

Ok, I'm a NY native. My official papers say I was born in Bronx, NY. That's where my mother was when my birth "happened". So even though I didn't live in the Bronx, I was in fact born there. So I've lived in (in order) NY, CA (yeah, we moved there and back when I was 2), NY, CT, NJ (only 6 months, so it didn't 'stick'), England, VA, Germany, England, CA, and finally OR. Where do I feel I'm from? Connecticut. That's where I lived when I developed my particular sense of values. Do I like CA? Some of it, such as the fact that where we lived didn't rain from April to November (makes picnic planning a breeze). Do I dislike Oregon's dankness? Just when I'm planning a picnic. Out of all the places I listed, where did I choose to live that wasn't forced on me by my parents or the US Air Force? Oregon. So what round hole does my square peg fit? Am I ruining OR by being here? Should I feel guilty for . . . something? As soup said, I've come over to the "Dank" side. Lord help me.