Kyle's Major League Baseball Journey (TB7Q2K1)

LosseFamily

Travel Bug Tag #: TB7Q2K1 

Hi Geocachers,

I'd like to share a travel bug that our family has created to honor my nephew whom we lost tragically and suddenly this January.

Kyle was 14 years old and an aspiring, rising baseball star. He was being looked at by the Brewers and Diamondback scouts at this young age for his amazing baseball skills. He had pure, raw talent, was an absolute joy to be around with his caring attitude and great humor. He was just an overall awesome boy. Unfortunately we will never know his potential. 

One of Kyle's dreams was to see every MLB Stadium in North America. We created this travel bug by cutting out the center of his MVP Medal at the 1st Annual Kyle Losse Memorial Baseball Tournament and attaching a travel bug to it. 

We will be heading to L.A this July 12-15 to spread Kyle's ashes at Dodgers Stadium (his favourite team). We will be putting this travel bug in a Geocache in LA and i'm curious if there's any baseball fans out there that would start Kyle on his journey? I will report back to this post and let you know the Geocache ID# we placed him in. From there, his journey begins! Your help is appreciated :)

Travel Bug Tag#: TB7Q2K1 

KyleLosse.jpg

tb.PNG

Edited by LosseFamily
added image of travel bug

I am so sorry for your loss. This is such a wonderful way to honor Kyle!

Like Eartha said, please be prepared that there's a fair chance the TB will disappear, and a copy should be considered. She said it perfectly.

I hope the TB has a long and great trip to see see baseball stadiums!

21 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

I am so sorry for your loss. This is such a wonderful way to honor Kyle!

Like Eartha said, please be prepared that there's a fair chance the TB will disappear, and a copy should be considered. She said it perfectly.

I hope the TB has a long and great trip to see see baseball stadiums!

Thank you Max and Eartha. This is a cutout from the middle of his custom MVP Medals we had made for the 1st Annual Kyle Losse Memorial Baseball Tournament last weekend. 

We do have other medals that are not cutout that could be used again one day.

I hope this doesn't disappear, that would be really unfortunate.

10 minutes ago, LosseFamily said:

I hope this doesn't disappear, that would be really unfortunate.

Now that we have free apps that allows anyone to instantly "play" with no real knowledge of the hobby, we're seeing a lot of trackables with incorrect logs, locations, or go "missing".

Maybe until you gain a bit more experience in how trackables move around, it'd be good to take it with you (the Visit log) on your journeys cache-to-cache.

Many who don't want to take the chance of some kid putting it in their pocket while mom & dad are signing the log  use the "Visit" log.

- Or,  you could share your memories with others by using the Discover log, for folks you meet on the trail, or at events.  Stays safe.   :)