Google earth issues

jpd43

The last few days when I open Google Earth and go to a location to see if there are any geocaches nearby, it is not showing anything. I have tried both my desk top and my lap top and both are running Windows 10 and both are doing the same thing. I have tried clearing the caches and rebooting the computers and nothing is bringing up the caches. However, if I go to where I am looking, write down the coordinates and put them in the Geocaching search, it is showing caches near by.

I'm having the same problem, haven't found a solution yet.  When I right-click the "Geocaching Google Earth Viewer" folder and then click Refresh, the little dot  in the folder icon turns red and no caches appear in Google Earth.

image.png.fec3ec3d7366ffaf5ad53748682f4a07.png

I Figured out how to get Geocache locations to become visible on Google Earth.   I had to SIGN IN to GOOGLE account.   At the top right hand corner of Google Earth is a Sign in button.   After signing in to Goolge Gmail account, then Geocaches appeared in Google Earth.        I did not have to upgrade Google earth.

Simple and easy fix. 

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, signed in and still I get the red dot in the folder for the Geocaching Google earth Viewer file. And this is doing the exact same thing on my laptop as it is on my desk top.

Edited by jpd43
4 minutes ago, jpd43 said:

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, signed in and still I get the red dot in the folder for the Geocaching Google earth Viewer file. And this is doing the exact same thing on my laptop as it is on my desk top.

There's an issue with the geocaching.com Google Earth viewer right now. It's being discussed over here.

Edited by The A-Team
Whoops, cross-posted with barefootjeff