Write Note Logs

graham&linda

I've made a lot of "write note" logs over the last couple of years, mostly finding challenge caches that I didn't qualify to claim at that time. Stupidly haven't made a record of them so concerned I'm going to miss out should I later meet the qualification criteria. Is there a way of obtaining a list of these notes somehow?

15 minutes ago, graham&linda said:

I've made a lot of "write note" logs over the last couple of years, mostly finding challenge caches that I didn't qualify to claim at that time. Stupidly haven't made a record of them so concerned I'm going to miss out should I later meet the qualification criteria. Is there a way of obtaining a list of these notes somehow?

When you look at your profile stats on Project-GC.com, click on the Challenges tab. There you will find all the Write note logs you have ever posted on Challenge caches and it will also indicate (if checkers are attached) which ones you have qualified for. Just look at the bottom of this picture:

challenge.PNG.7fa342a775cb104641fbaa955f9a7e94.PNG

Edited by Team Christiansen
  • Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, TriciaG said:

The Challenges tab appears to be a paid member feature of Project-GC. I don't see one on my non-membership stats page. :)

You're right. Sorry. Just noticed this on the 2018-03-13 news release:

Challenge tab in Profile Stats

For our paying members we have added a new tab in the Profile stats, a Challenge tab. Besides listing all challenges that you have logged, there is also a seperate section listing challenges that has been noted. On those noted challenges it will also show a cached result from the corresponding Challenge checker. This way you can see if you have any signed challenges that you have now fulfilled.

On 7/2/2018 at 10:03 AM, Team Christiansen said:
On 7/2/2018 at 9:44 AM, TriciaG said:

The Challenges tab appears to be a paid member feature of Project-GC. I don't see one on my non-membership stats page. :)

For our paying members we have added a new tab in the Profile stats, a Challenge tab. Besides listing all challenges that you have logged, there is also a seperate section listing challenges that has been noted. On those noted challenges it will also show a cached result from the corresponding Challenge checker. This way you can see if you have any signed challenges that you have now fulfilled.

For challenge caches local to me that I have found and signed, but not yet qualified for, I enter the "solved coordinates" (usually just the posted) but that shows the cache as a puzzle piece on my map - and I've been manually using the checker to see if I qualify yet.  I've not yet paid for a Project-GC membership, but if it checks your challenges for you, hmmm, that might make it worth it!

9 hours ago, CAVinoGal said:

For challenge caches local to me that I have found and signed, but not yet qualified for, I enter the "solved coordinates" (usually just the posted) but that shows the cache as a puzzle piece on my map - and I've been manually using the checker to see if I qualify yet.  I've not yet paid for a Project-GC membership, but if it checks your challenges for you, hmmm, that might make it worth it!

You don't need to use the paid version of PGC to use the challenge checkers.  PGC is just the defacto site for challenge checkers as it is an authorized partner that uses the API and can thus validate your finds against the challenge criteria.  

2 hours ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

You don't need to use the paid version of PGC to use the challenge checkers.

Yes, this I understand, and I do use it.  I was responding to TriciaG and Team Christiansen's quotes

On 7/2/2018 at 10:03 AM, Team Christiansen said:
On 7/2/2018 at 9:44 AM, TriciaG said:

On 7/25/2018 at 8:18 PM, CAVinoGal said:

The other thing you might find useful is putting those "found and signed, but not yet qualified for" challenges into a Bookmark List.  The good thing about this is that you can put notes into the Description field of the bookmark, so you can easily see what the challenge is about (see example below from one of my lists) or you can note what parts of the challenge you still have left to fulfill.  For example, sometimes I'll put something like "As of 7/1/18, still need  12 more".

The black text in the below image is what I added.  Saves me the time of opening and reading through the cache page.

image.png.8781c50fe0682f700d9483bf0a9f3250.png

• Helpful 1