Travel Bug Most Miles Traveled Brag Page

BakerFlatsFamily

Hi Everyone,  We have a trackable that has traveled over 66,000 miles.  It left our little farm in Nebraska in November of 2011.  It has been all over the world ever since!  I cannot find anywhere that lists travel bugs with the most miles traveled.  I thought it would be fun to have a "check in" to see the top miles on some of yours.

BakerFlatsFamily - Anemone the Clown Fish Travel Tag - 66,074 miles - currently in Belgium 

12 hours ago, BakerFlatsFamily said:

Hi Everyone,  We have a trackable that has traveled over 66,000 miles.  It left our little farm in Nebraska in November of 2011.  It has been all over the world ever since!  I cannot find anywhere that lists travel bugs with the most miles traveled.  I thought it would be fun to have a "check in" to see the top miles on some of yours.

BakerFlatsFamily - Anemone the Clown Fish Travel Tag - 66,074 miles - currently in Belgium 

That's great! :D

Here are my highest mileage trackables:

Scamper The Field Mouse has traveled 44542 miles in 6 years
and went many places including Iceland and New Zealand.

Kunarion's Blue Travel Dragon Geocoin has traveled 42838 miles in 8 years
and went many places including Australia and Japan. 

Another dragon placed at the same time traveled 27827 miles in 4 years.  Not too bad!

Edited by kunarion
  • Love 1

We have had very little luck with our released travel bugs over the years.   We started one at Santa Claus's house at the North Pole last year with the goal to get back to a local cache - that one made it home in 43 days.   Otherwise it's been pretty spotty and we just clear 25,000 miles between all of them combined.   

Of the bugs we have moved, 3 that are in the wild are now over 100,000 miles.

The highest I have seen (and believed) was over 2.2 million miles.

• Love 1

As of today 10/11/19 my travel bug "Starting Line" https://coord.info/TB48GKB (a stick with tape on it) is in the Netherlands after traveling 2,796,585 miles since 2012. I entered it into a travel bug race, and it's been racing since. A Flight Steward from Thailand picked it up, and being an avid geocacher and world traveler, he may have put me in Top Spot. Some time ago I contacted GC headquarters and they can't separate "virtual" from "ground miles" on the computer.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, angelsunshine said:

As of today 10/11/19 my travel bug "Starting Line" https://coord.info/TB48GKB (a stick with tape on it) is in the Netherlands after traveling 2,796,585 miles since 2012. I entered it into a travel bug race, and it's been racing since. A Flight Steward from Thailand picked it up, and being an avid geocacher and world traveler, he may have put me in Top Spot. Some time ago I contacted GC headquarters and they can't separate "virtual" from "ground miles" on the computer.

The same cacher has had your trackable since July 2012 - we would be interested to know if they (1) still have it in their possession (2) actually take it to every cache logged as visited.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, me N u said:

The same cacher has had your trackable since July 2012 - we would be interested to know if they (1) still have it in their possession (2) actually take it to every cache logged as visited.

I see December 2012,  but I kinda agree.   

We've yet to see any cacher lugging others trackables cache-to-cache (though some claim they do here in the forums...).

We know one who claims to "visit" every cache with over thirty trackables not theirs, yet we've never seen them with a pack.  :)

- When we've noticed them (and a few others...) with nothing more other than a GPS to find caches (not even water...), where would all that stuff be packed in ?   :D

Photos once in a while kept this one sorta legit at least to '17 though...

• Love 1
On 6/28/2018 at 10:46 AM, BakerFlatsFamily said:

That's impressive! My Law Enforcement travel bug has traveled 2799 miles so far. I released it on July 16th, 2019 so not bad for 5 months old, I think.   It's now in New Hampshire. It's a half marathon medal my husband ran in to support the Law Enforcement Memorial Foundation. 

law.jpg

• Love 1

We found a collectible TB (Dutch Love) that came from Zuid-Holland, Netherlands in 2014.  The goal was to travel the world and back to the owners. Sadly someone stole it out of a TB Hotel in New Jersey (U.S.) that we dropped it in last year. In fact, this hotel has a long inventory list although most of the TBs are missing. It's in a parking lot where people park their cars to take transportation into New York City. I have notified the CO a few times but he isn't taking the TB off his inventory list. 

dutch.jpg

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MamaBee24 said:

Our Plants vs Zombies Peashooter has been in circulation since 10/15 and has logged 41,192 miles since then.  It was most recently found in 1/20.  I was able to locate a photo in the logs from 3/19 to see that it appears to still be in 1 piece.

Actually,  wasn't just it's code Discovered online in 1/20 ? 

Doesn't seem to have been held by a person since last April.     :)

• Love 1