world66 maps no longer working

Spacemann Spiff

Does anyone else use the world66 coded maps to display on your profile, showing which states/provinces you've found caches in?  As of June 7th, mine stopped working.  Has the hosting site gone out of business or something?  Any alternatives sites for map displays on profiles?  I'm talking about ones that display on the main profile page (if you add the code), as opposed to the ones on the Map tab of the "Statistics" site.

Thanks,

John

3 hours ago, Spacemann Spiff said:

Does anyone else use the world66 coded maps to display on your profile, showing which states/provinces you've found caches in?  As of June 7th, mine stopped working.  Has the hosting site gone out of business or something?  Any alternatives sites for map displays on profiles?  I'm talking about ones that display on the main profile page (if you add the code), as opposed to the ones on the Map tab of the "Statistics" site.

Thanks,

John

The maps provided by Project GC are the same ones that are produced when using GSAK's FindStatsGen macro and are pretty decent. When using their entire stats package that includes much more than just maps, you are given two options -- the first is a static display that you will have update as occasion requires, or a dynamic display that updates itself automatically, but takes you to Project GC's website. You can check my profile as an example. Just check on the maps tab.

Edited by Team Christiansen

I'm trying to create mine but I get this error

Internal server error (5b38ae16c3e792.08151163)

But I can still view Team Christiansen profile stats without any problem.

I would like to have something like that too even just for my personal use.

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:38 AM, Team Christiansen said:

The maps provided by Project GC are the same ones that are produced when using GSAK's FindStatsGen macro and are pretty decent. When using their entire stats package that includes much more than just maps, you are given two options -- the first is a static display that you will have update as occasion requires, or a dynamic display that updates itself automatically, but takes you to Project GC's website. You can check my profile as an example. Just check on the maps tab.

Thanks.  I will keep it in mind.  But I'm hoping for maps which will be *right on the (main) profile page* WITHOUT having to click on a "Maps" tab or to go to another site/page.

I appreciate your response.

John

I  noticed the map go bye-bye after the site "updated" the "old" profile a couple days ago.  Figured an "oops..." happened somewhere.

- The "new" profile (for me) looks completely different than last looked (and just looked...) at it too, also missing our map.

I'd think a question to HQ would be a good idea if it bugs you.    :)

Yeah, sure looks like world66 has permanently shut down. Here's another alternative that looks pretty good:

https://m.maploco.com/visited-states/

Nice to see there's still at least one other CacheStats user out there! It's been years since I've updated CacheStats, but I think I can manage putting out a new version that fixes this so you don't have to manually update the html. I've added it to my todo list.

Doug

• Love 1

Thanks for the comment about CacheStats @barnold. Just thought I'd let everyone know that I released version 4.0 of CacheStats last week. This version incorporates the maploco maps I mentioned above, plus I fixed a few bugs and added some small features such as the ability to filter your calendar and D/T grid by cache type and by year.

• Upvote 1