Can somebody drop a TB for you?

EmzyJanezy

Bit of an odd one, but here goes …

If I wanted to start a trackable from London, but I don't live in London, would I be allowed to mail it to my sister and get her to drop it into a cache there, but log it as a drop on my own account?  Even though I've never personally been to that cache?

Essentially starting a TB's journey from a location other than my own, by somebody else?

My sister isn't a geocacher and therefore she would not be able to log it on her own account.

5 minutes ago, on4bam said:

Yes.

Post a note on the cache page and "drop" your TB. Make sure your sister can find the cache though :lol:

Yes I did think of that haha :D

So I could just post a note to say my sister is dropping it on my behalf on the cache page and then drop the TB and post on there that my sister dropped it too?

32 minutes ago, EmzyJanezy said:

So I could just post a note to say my sister is dropping it on my behalf on the cache page and then drop the TB and post on there that my sister dropped it too?

It's your trackable.  Don't have to write it that way, but if you'd like to, sure.    Ashes maybe ?  :)

So you're going to assume a cache okay to drop a trackable into without seeing it's size/condition yourself?   Gonna give her a few others JIC ? 

We see average logs most times, and find that everyone seemed to overlook the part that the log is sitting on what's now a science project. 

Does your sister know how to read coordinates ? 

Not a cacher, so will she know how to properly re-hide the cache (even when the last cacher didn't) ?

• Helpful 1
8 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

It's your trackable.  Don't have to write it that way, but if you'd like to, sure.    Ashes maybe ?  :)

So you're going to assume a cache okay to drop a trackable into without seeing it's size/condition yourself?   Gonna give her a few others JIC ? 

We see average logs most times, and find that everyone seemed to overlook the part that the log is sitting on what's now a science project. 

Does your sister know how to read coordinates ? 

Not a cacher, so will she know how to properly re-hide the cache (even when the last cacher didn't) ?

All valid points that I hadn't considered, so thanks!  Will have to discuss with sis.