Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
cubedwellingdyad

map page won't scroll

Recommended Posts

You need to give more information, if you expect any kind of technical support.

 

Hint: browser would be a place to start.  But keep talking until we have enough info to help.

Share this post


Link to post

I have had this problem on my work computer (many settings for which are beyond my control, such as software updates, as I am but a lowly end user) for months.  I have more pocket queries out there than will display on the side bar on my map, but using the scroll wheel on my mouse, or clicking and dragging the gray bar, has no effect.  The only way I get down to the pocket queries down the page is to keep hitting tab to jump to the next link.  I'm running Windows 10 and Firefox 60.0.2 (64-bit).

 

Scrolling works fine on IE 11 on the same computer, so it may be an issue with Firefox, or an extension or plugin.

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, hzoi said:

I have more pocket queries out there than will display on the side bar on my map, but using the scroll wheel on my mouse, or clicking and dragging the gray bar, has no effect.

Is the problem on this page:  https://www.geocaching.com/map/#pq

I'm not having a problem scrolling up/down the list of PQ's that appears in the flyout sidebar on the left of the screen. I can scroll by either clicking on the oval and moving up/down, or putting the pointer in that sidebar and using the wheel on my mouse.  Firefox 60.0.2 on Windows 10 as well.  I don't run any extensions or plugins, that I know of, anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, noncentric said:
23 hours ago, hzoi said:

I have more pocket queries out there than will display on the side bar on my map, but using the scroll wheel on my mouse, or clicking and dragging the gray bar, has no effect.

Is the problem on this page:  https://www.geocaching.com/map/#pq

 

Yep

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, hzoi said:
13 hours ago, noncentric said:
On 6/27/2018 at 7:39 AM, hzoi said:

I have more pocket queries out there than will display on the side bar on my map, but using the scroll wheel on my mouse, or clicking and dragging the gray bar, has no effect.

Is the problem on this page:  https://www.geocaching.com/map/#pq

Yep

Odd. I'm not getting the error, so doesn't seem like it would be a Firefox issue.  Maybe an extension or plug-in?

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, noncentric said:
23 hours ago, hzoi said:
On 6/28/2018 at 4:43 AM, noncentric said:
On 6/27/2018 at 10:39 AM, hzoi said:

I have more pocket queries out there than will display on the side bar on my map, but using the scroll wheel on my mouse, or clicking and dragging the gray bar, has no effect.

Is the problem on this page:  https://www.geocaching.com/map/#pq

Yep

Odd. I'm not getting the error, so doesn't seem like it would be a Firefox issue.  Maybe an extension or plug-in?

...maybe?  I only have three add-ons (OpenH264 Video Codec, Widevine Content Decryption, and Shockwave Flash 30.0 r0) and one extension (Adobe Acrobat), not sure why any of them would cause this.

 

Or it could be some setting over which I have no control.

 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Share this post


Link to post

My computer (Lenovo Yoga 14) does the same thing.  The map page does not respond to the scroll wheel or Click & Drag on the scroll bar, but it does scroll when using the touch screen.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Capt. Bob said:

The map page does not respond to the scroll wheel or Click & Drag on the scroll bar, but it does scroll when using the touch screen

 

I keep forgetting I have one of these on my work computer.  And it worked to scroll the PQ side bar!  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/2/2018 at 4:26 AM, Capt. Bob said:

My computer (Lenovo Yoga 14) does the same thing.  The map page does not respond to the scroll wheel or Click & Drag on the scroll bar, but it does scroll when using the touch screen.  

On 7/2/2018 at 8:42 AM, hzoi said:

 

I keep forgetting I have one of these on my work computer.  And it worked to scroll the PQ side bar!  Thanks!

Interesting.  My computer doesn't have a touchscreen, so maybe that's why my scroll wheel and click/drag are functional.  Seems like that would be an odd reason though.

 

Share this post


Link to post

OK, update.  My home laptop is having the same issue not scrolling in Firefox.  Can only try clicking the scroll bar since I have no scroll wheel on the lappie.  (Touch screen does work though.)  Using Firefox 61.0.1 (64 bit)

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, hzoi said:

OK, update.  My home laptop is having the same issue not scrolling in Firefox.  Can only try clicking the scroll bar since I have no scroll wheel on the lappie.  (Touch screen does work though.)  Using Firefox 61.0.1 (64 bit)

Does your home laptop have a touchscreen?  If so, then maybe there is something weird about computers with touchscreen that somehow disables the mouse scroll-wheel and/or click-and-drag.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, noncentric said:
23 hours ago, hzoi said:

OK, update.  My home laptop is having the same issue not scrolling in Firefox.  Can only try clicking the scroll bar since I have no scroll wheel on the lappie.  (Touch screen does work though.)  Using Firefox 61.0.1 (64 bit)

Does your home laptop have a touchscreen?  If so, then maybe there is something weird about computers with touchscreen that somehow disables the mouse scroll-wheel and/or click-and-drag.

 

The laptop does have a touch screen.

 

But this would make zero sense.  Especially since scrolling works to zoom in and out on the map.  Why would scrolling work on the map but not on the side bar?

Share this post


Link to post

It’s a Javascript issue in Firefox.  You can disable Javascript then the scroll bar is made wider and it will function properly but the map will not display.  Isn’t that just great!

 

If you want to try it, while in Firefox, type ‘About:Config’ (use a colon not a dot) and you will get a warning message.  Click ok.  Next type ‘Javascript:enabled’ and click it to disable.  Reload Geocache.com and look at the map page again.  Now the scroll bar works properly.  Repeat the above to restore Javascript and live with it.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1

×