How to delete pocket query from app

RichInLife

15 hours ago, RichInLife said:

Help, I created a large pocket query (500) that I’m unable to delete in the iPhone app. I’ve downloaded it, but I don’t get the option to delete. Any suggestions? TIA!

Once you've "downloaded offline data", tap the menu item next to the Pocket Query, and tap "Remove Offline Data".  It's the same icon you tapped to download the offline Pocket Query data. 

IMG_7891[175].jpg

If you mean that you have run a Pocket Query and see it listed in the App and available for offline download, a PQ that has been "run" recently will show in the App, until the "Active Pocket Query" expires.  It's supposedly about a week, which is when it is automatically removed from the web site.  But I've seen these "Active Pocket Queries" linger in the App for nine days. One good plan would be to not run a PQ unless you mean it B).  But if you have a lot of "Active Pocket Queries" cluttering your App screen and you can't wait 9 days for them all to clear up, you might mention the issue in the App's Forum or even in the linked thread above.  If you could delete an active Pocket Query from the App (and therefore lose its link), you would have to run it again to get it back.  That creates new issues.  So be careful what you ask for. :ph34r:

If you're using both a GPS and a phone, Pocket Queries are the way to go.  If you're using just a phone App, try "Lists" instead and see what you think.  Lists can be deleted from the App (which also, I think, deletes them from the web site).  https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=7&pgid=283

If this doesn't answer your question, more specifics would be great. :)

Edited by kunarion