Rudderless Group!

Axel-F

Hi all fellow waymarkers,

I have an, imho, urgens issue.

I do reviewing for the categorie: European Historic Survey Stones, Monuments and Benchmarks

managed by: European Survey History

At this moment I am the only one reviewing,.

As officer(s) of this group we have zero rights exept reviewing. The Leader is not active for a long time, and is not responding nor reacting to any messages.

I have asked GS for help and later on requested GS to promote me to leader, so I can put some effort in getting the group alive again. GS however replies always with this message:

---------------------------------------------------------

Hello Elwin-

Thank you for contacting us about Waymarking.

In order to support the rapid community growth of Geocaching.com, it was necessary to shift dedicated resources from Waymarking to Geocaching. Unfortunately, at this time we are only able to provide limited technical support. Please try posting your question on the Waymarking forums. These forums are monitored and can usually provide you with the best support.

Best,

Community Management Lead

----------------------------------------------------------

Any suggestions on what else I can do? I am approaching the border of getting desperate.

All the help is highly appreciated.

Elwin

5 minutes ago, Axel-F said:

Hi all fellow waymarkers,

I have an, imho, urgens issue.

I do reviewing for the categorie: European Historic Survey Stones, Monuments and Benchmarks

managed by: European Survey History

At this moment I am the only one reviewing,.

As officer(s) of this group we have zero rights exept reviewing. The Leader is not active for a long time, and is not responding nor reacting to any messages.

I have asked GS for help and later on requested GS to promote me to leader, so I can put some effort in getting the group alive again. GS however replies always with this message:

---------------------------------------------------------

Hello Elwin-

Thank you for contacting us about Waymarking.

In order to support the rapid community growth of Geocaching.com, it was necessary to shift dedicated resources from Waymarking to Geocaching. Unfortunately, at this time we are only able to provide limited technical support. Please try posting your question on the Waymarking forums. These forums are monitored and can usually provide you with the best support.

Best,

Community Management Lead

----------------------------------------------------------

Any suggestions on what else I can do? I am approaching the border of getting desperate.

All the help is highly appreciated.

Elwin

If you want, I just joined your group.  select my name and click "Promote this person to Officer".  Go in and vote "Yes" if you want me to assist - you can also take another regular member and do the same thing.  Make sure that you select someone or several someones who are active.  I hope this helps you out.

Kind Regards,

Tom

iconions

Unfortunately, you are correct.  You can try to demote the leader if you do not get the response, but you will need to make sure you have three officers.  You also will need someone to try to promote you to leader...

8 hours ago, Axel-F said:

Thanks for tour reply.  I would also like to make some changes to the posting requirements :-) Only the leader can do that. Just as sending an e-mail to the group.