Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BK-Hunters

Japan?!?!?!

Sitting here studiously avoiding doing anything constructive, I checked out our profile page (Why, I no longer have any idea.) and noticed something I had seen before but paid no attention to. As of today we have had 61 visits from Japan. Checking on WMing activity, I found that there has been a single Waymark posted in Japan within the last year, which begs the obvious question, "Who on earth would be visiting our profile page from Japan, 61 times, no less?!?!?!" We know not a soul in the country.

Edit:

[A second search has turned up four WMs, not one,  in the last year, the other three by Torgut, one of the two Portuguese mentioned below. Interesting...]

Unless some nefarious interloper :ph34r: has been using a proxy, it leaves me mystified... ... ...We've had more visits from Japan than Portugal, and we know 2 Waymarkers from Portugal.... ...

Almost equally strange, we've had a single visit from Martinique and one from Pakistan.

Keith

Edited by BK-Hunters

I would say 61 people in Japan were "Sitting there studiously avoiding doing anything constructive." and viewed your profile page.

One person with a bad internet connection refreshes the page 61 times?

Tourists planning a trip to North America, sees Waymarks in various locations, all produced by the same person. Who is this guy?

6 hours ago, BK-Hunters said:

Sitting here studiously avoiding doing anything constructive, I checked out our profile page (Why, I no longer have any idea.) and noticed something I had seen before but paid no attention to. As of today we have had 61 visits from Japan. Checking on WMing activity, I found that there has been a single Waymark posted in Japan within the last year, which begs the obvious question, "Who on earth would be visiting our profile page from Japan, 61 times, no less?!?!?!" We know not a soul in the country.

Edit:

[A second search has turned up four WMs, not one,  in the last year, the other three by Torgut, one of the two Portuguese mentioned below. Interesting...]

Unless some nefarious interloper :ph34r: has been using a proxy, it leaves me mystified... ... ...We've had more visits from Japan than Portugal, and we know 2 Waymarkers from Portugal.... ...

Almost equally strange, we've had a single visit from Martinique and one from Pakistan.

Keith

See, even the Japanese are aware of the world famous Keith of BK-Hunters!  :D

• Upvote 1

Please note that I was in Japan in the first quarter of 2018, but I don't remember what I accessed or not while in the country.

Darn!! I wuz hoping someone from Japan would read the forum, see this thread and solve the mystery for me. So far, though, I like 8Nuts MotherGoose's response. 61 Japanese, "Sitting there studiously avoiding doing anything constructive." That's a lotta bored Japanese.

... ... oh well... ...

3 hours ago, BK-Hunters said:

Darn!! I wuz hoping someone from Japan would read the forum, see this thread and solve the mystery for me. So far, though, I like 8Nuts MotherGoose's response. 61 Japanese, "Sitting there studiously avoiding doing anything constructive." That's a lotta bored Japanese.

... ... oh well... ...

And now we all know - Don't put a visitor counter on your profile page. It raises more questions than answers. :ph34r: