Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
jisperveld

User default for the searchfilter

Would it be possible to create a personal "default set" of search settings. It could be stored in My Profile. Now,  after entering a searchterm, I always have to change the filtersettings to a lower radius, lower difficulty, uncheck cache-types, etc. A user defines set would be very handy.

Edited by jisperveld
Typing error
  • Upvote 2

Good idea.  Something like a "My Searches" quick-link in the Dashboard?

In the meantime, you could run a Search and then bookmark the results page. Then you could just go to that Bookmark to get refreshed search results. I have a few such bookmarked searches that I can quickly access from the bookmarks list in my web browser.

3 hours ago, noncentric said:

Good idea.  Something like a "My Searches" quick-link in the Dashboard?

In the meantime, you could run a Search and then bookmark the results page. Then you could just go to that Bookmark to get refreshed search results. I have a few such bookmarked searches that I can quickly access from the bookmarks list in my web browser.

This sort of feature is frequently found on library management systems (e.g. online library catalog) as "Saved Searches".  It's the equivalent of the ability to create pocket queries and schedule them to be periodically re-executed.  

If we were able to save search criteria, and the search form supported all the search criteria that is available with a PQ (e.g. filtering by attributes) pocket queries could be eliminated.