So is "Armchair Waymarking" now getting to be OK?

I've been watching the "Newest Waymarks" tab lately. I keep seeing Medal of Honor Resting Places being posted by Don.Morfe from all over the place. I'm not saying he hasn't been traveling to cemeteries, but why would he wait to post them all at once? Looks to me like he has been surfing MoH sites and using pictures and locations from them to post waymarks.

Below are the cameras and scanners used in the Waymarks on the first page which have exif info. There are 14 with exif info, 11 without, most, but not all, with only one pic. It's pretty safe to say that he has been using a Fuji Finepix S5700 camera and, earlier, an HP Scanjet 4070 to scan film pics. The items in bold below are outliers, taken with different cameras. The Canon was used in 2013, later than any of the Fuji pix; maybe he updated his camera. The CASIO seems strange to me; maybe an experiment of sorts. The lack of exif on 11 of the entries is likely explained by an earlier scanner which left no exif footprint. He's been on the hunt for at least nineteen years now. WOW!!! Gotta give him credit for perseverance!! I sincerely doubt that we have a case of armchair WMing here!

I noticed on his profile that he's contributed a lot to www.hmdb.com. I've actually grabbed text from there when my shots had shadows or washed out text which wouldn't allow a good OCR result. Mebbe I've even used one of his!

Keith

Augustus Walley-Reisterstown, MD - Fuji Finepix S5700 - taken 2008

Allen Walker-Laredo, TX - Fuji Finepix S5700 - taken 2008
Leroy H. Vokes-Fredericksburg, IA - Canon A700 - taken 2013

Andrew J. Weaher AKA Andrew J. Weaber-Phoenix, AZ - Sony Dsc650 - taken 2007

Charles A. Varnum-San Francisco, CA - HP Scanjet 4070 - scanned 2006

Frederick E. Toy-Lewiston, NY - HP Scanjet 4070 - scanned 2006

Wilbur N. Taylor-Minneapolis, MN - FUJIFILM FinePix S5700 - taken 2008

Richard L. Tea-Prescott, AZ - HP HP ScanJet 4070 - scanned 2005

Charles Taylor-Washington D.C. - FUJIFILM FinePix S5700 - taken 2011

Thomas Sullivan-East Orange, NJ - HP ScanJet 4070 - scanned 2006

Christian Steiner-Hot Springs, AR - FUJIFILM FinePix S5700 - taken 2010

Rudolph Stauffer-Washington D.C. - CASIO COMPUTER CO.,LTD. EX-H20G  - taken 2011

Eben Stanley-Hillsboro, NM - HP ScanJet 4070 - scanned 2005

Emanuel Stance-Maxwell, NE - FUJIFILM FinePix S5700 - taken 2007

10 hours ago, vulture1957 said:

I've been watching the "Newest Waymarks" tab lately. I keep seeing Medal of Honor Resting Places being posted by Don.Morfe from all over the place. I'm not saying he hasn't been traveling to cemeteries, but why would he wait to post them all at once? Looks to me like he has been surfing MoH sites and using pictures and locations from them to post waymarks.

Hey guys,  I'm the one approving all of these Medal of Honor waymarks.  I was being VERY careful before I started approving these back in the day.  I wouldn't risk my reputation as an officer approving these without checking these out first.  I'm actually kinda upset that I missed some of these resting places when I was out on my vacations.  

I'm actually going back through a lot of my old pictures to see what waymarks I either missed or what new categories have come into existence since I took those pictures.  It's actually been rather fruitful.

Great news from  all o f you. I was completely wrong about this. And, if the poster reads this, Here is a public apology for besmirching your Waymarking.  I don't do  many waymarks from the past because I don't have a date for when I visited those places. And would have no idea of the geo coords before I started Waymarking.

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

It's a lot like hamquilter in the post office category. She photographed post offices many years before she started Waymarking!  Little by little she goes thru them and posts waymarks.

Yeah. She's done quite a few of those as WPAs, as well,  some of which I've had the pleasure of approving. I initially had questions about those, too, but she explained the situation to me.

8 hours ago, iconions said:

Hey guys,  I'm the one approving all of these Medal of Honor waymarks.  I was being VERY careful before I started approving these back in the day.

I was going to mention that Don.Morfe has managed to keep you pretty busy of late!!!

Keith

4 hours ago, BK-Hunters said:

Yeah. She's done quite a few of those as WPAs, as well,  some of which I've had the pleasure of approving. I initially had questions about those, too, but she explained the situation to me.

I was going to mention that Don.Morfe has managed to keep you pretty busy of late!!!

Keith

I've managed to approve a couple of waymarks of late...  :)  

Don.Morfe's Medal of Honor submissions are all legit. I've messaged him personally, since I'm an officer in the category. He stated it's been decades of picture-taking in the making. He took many before digital cameras came into being and has flatbed scanned many. Although some of his photos are of poor quality, I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt. It's good that we have Waymarking members looking out for each other!

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, NW_history_buff said:

Don.Morfe's Medal of Honor submissions are all legit. I've messaged him personally, since I'm an officer in the category. He stated it's been decades of picture-taking in the making. He took many before digital cameras came into being and has flatbed scanned many. Although some of his photos are of poor quality, I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt. It's good that we have Waymarking members looking out for each other!

Thanks for also doing the double-check on these - Don has these pictures on way too many websites not to have taken them himself.  He also has graciously completed any rewrites or requirement cleanups I have asked for so I definitely have no problems with his submissions... Well, except for the fact that I missed some of these Medal of Honor resting places on some of my travels!