Premium -- is it worth it?

randomactsofkindness

I did not realise there was a potential free trial of premium membership available. I would love to be considered for one, it would be interesting to see if there are lots of premium member caches in my local area.

Also hopefully it will give us a few more caches to find in our local area.

If I could have a free trial please that would be great!

I am heading to Wellington, NZ soon and was looking at trialing a premium membership is there is a pass available?

I have been looking into the caches and are quite surprised at how many virtual stages some have, considering 14 or 29 stages on a basic membership would be quite a challenge i'd imagine.

I really haven't followed this topic but just renewed my PM so thought about this $.02 worth

I am not "old" but retired, still self-employed, so at least 70 .... and do believe this crazy "sport" has added years of health to my life. I also Terracache and for both tend toward the higher Terrain caches, 3.5+ but a lower difficulty of LE 3.5.

Is it financially worth the $30/year, probable not since I need to drive 50-60+ miles for a cache and that adds to the cost. Is it fun - All in the doer! Is it effective, yes in the physical sense and keeps my mind active so limited failure of the brain matter.

So, Yes! for me

Is there a coupon or times the membership goes on sale? 

We started geocaching back when we were poor. It was free, purposeful entertainment. 

Now I want to do it with my niece and there are only small and extra small caches on the app. That’s not the fun I told her about when I told her about geocaching! (She brought a baggie of toys to trade in the treasure boxes I told her we’d find.) 

I’m again poor, and having paid $10 for the app years ago, then to reload it and find out it’s almost that much monthly....quite a disappointment, and I can’t afford that at all. 

Why don’t they put ads on the app instead? Keep it cheap or almost free! (I hate ads, omg.) 

Hi all,

I recently tried Geo caching with a friend of mine and absolutely fell in love with it! Such an ingenious way of getting out and about! 

Just as many of you have asked I wanted to find out whether anyone could assist in giving me a code for a one month free trial of premium? I was intending to buy it, but would love to see the difference. 

Would be grateful if someone could provide one asap, very keen to get out today and do some caching! 

12 hours ago, jjceraftery said:

Is there a coupon or times the membership goes on sale? 

We started geocaching back when we were poor. It was free, purposeful entertainment. 

Now I want to do it with my niece and there are only small and extra small caches on the app. That’s not the fun I told her about when I told her about geocaching! (She brought a baggie of toys to trade in the treasure boxes I told her we’d find.) 

I’m again poor, and having paid $10 for the app years ago, then to reload it and find out it’s almost that much monthly....quite a disappointment, and I can’t afford that at all. 

Why don’t they put ads on the app instead? Keep it cheap or almost free! (I hate ads, omg.) 

The official app is free.

On 4/26/2018 at 10:03 AM, OmnibusBrian said:

Most of the time I'll go out with my Kids, each of them got theyre own account (and my Dog, who does not own a account, yet)

Is there a way to log premium onlys for them?

Also I'd like to ask for a trial Membership, please.

Check your email, please.

2 hours ago, mobot7 said:

Hi all,

I recently tried Geo caching with a friend of mine and absolutely fell in love with it! Such an ingenious way of getting out and about! 

Just as many of you have asked I wanted to find out whether anyone could assist in giving me a code for a one month free trial of premium? I was intending to buy it, but would love to see the difference. 

Would be grateful if someone could provide one asap, very keen to get out today and do some caching! 

Check your email, please.

29 minutes ago, jjceraftery said:

Yes, I mean the premium part of the app. It looks as though we can inly find smalls and extra smalls on the free part of the app. 

The free version of the app has limitations, but limiting to small and micro (extra small) containers is not one of them.

32 minutes ago, jjceraftery said:

Yes, I mean the premium part of the app. It looks as though we can inly find smalls and extra smalls on the free part of the app. 

I see here everyone’s asking for a free premium trial. 

May I? 

Thanks! 

Being a Premium Member you will see all the caches with the official app.

If you see less... maybe your are not logged with a PM profile?!.

I got curious about the people in this thread who got a free trial, did they become PMs? Counting the people who got a free trial before March 30 2018, I get 30 people. 5 of the 30 are currently PMs. 25 of the 30 reverted back to basic members. That really surprises me, because it seems  80% didn't find PM worth it.