Premium -- is it worth it?

randomactsofkindness

Hi,

Geocaching Newbie....!
Noticed there a quite a few Premium caches round here, would someone (Mod?) be so kind to message me a code for the free trial please, just so I can see if it's worth me upgrading to the 24.99.  I probably will Sub' but just want to make sure.
Garmin 64s in the post... can't wait!

Many thanks in advance.  K_I_C

2 hours ago, Aksieman said:

Hi, I enjoy geocaching and would like to try premium? i received a code, activated it but it is not working? can you maybe look into my account or provide me with another code? I know that it is only possible to try a premium trial subscription once.

Kind Regards

Jaco

;)

Hey there! I've just started my geocaching adventure and it's been a blast so far. I've found the 5 caches that were here locally, but all the other ones are locked behind premium.
Would it be possible to try out the premium version with a trial before purchasing it?
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I just upgraded to the free trail today, thanks!

(saved it for a special date).

A friend of my is also a member now, can you send me a code so she can also try the trail?

I can explain her how she can do it.

Greetings and thanks!

yoteun

On 6/25/2018 at 1:10 AM, Birdstodrink said:

Hello, also looking for a code here. I just started geochaching and am out of town next week so wanna be able to find stuff from my phone! I figure, if I'm still geocaching in a month it'll be worth it to spring for premium :) 

Check your profile email, please.

I spent about 90 minutes recently trying to get my Garmin Dakota 20 to work with Geocaching.com.  It was a frustrating experience, especially where I'm trying to set it up where my kids could use it.  They are getting old enough where I think they would enjoy geocaching and it's something I'd like to try with them.  I noticed that Geocaching.com offers a "Garmin Express button" that it recommends utilizing.  I'd like to try this feature to see if it allows me to quickly send the geocaches to my device; however, in order to use this feature you need need utilize lists, which is a premium feature.  I would love to be able to try this feature out to see if it would work with my device.  Would it be possible for my to trial the a premium membership, even for a few days, just to see if that feature would work with my Garmin device?  Thank you so much.

Mike

To the Community Volunteer:  I'm interested in the one month trial to see if I would really use the full Premium features.  Just getting back in to geocaching after a long absence.  Hoping it works with an Android phone.  I have the app downloaded and ready to use.  Thanks!! 

I wanted to find a few caches first to see if I liked it, then purchased one month for $5.99. When I realized I really liked it I upgraded to the year of Premium. No regrets. Love it. As far as hobbies go I think the fees is reasonable. :antenna:

Also interested in the one month trial, there are a couple of premium caches near our house that the kids would love to explore. We're evaluating whether it would be just as effective to use the app with offline maps as it would to use a dedicated GPS.