Premium -- is it worth it?

randomactsofkindness

14 hours ago, mysoundtrauma said:

I used to get descriptions and hints on my Garmin Dakota.  Recently I've noticed that they have disappeared and the device says I need to be a premium member.  I really don't want to pay to be a member if it doesn't work on the GPS.  Can I have a free trial please?  Thanks

You still have all the descriptions and hints in Dakota... but you need to download them one by one or use Garmin BaseCamp.

Sent!

Check your profile email, please.

Hi everyone :D

I've recently discovered Geocaching due to a totally random app suggestion I got from the App Store last month.

After a brief reading I downloaded the app, already thinking that Italy will probably be a poor place for geocaching, but... SURPRISE!! I was totaly surrounded by caches!! In less than a month I quickly grinded all the easy and basic ones with the App, before discovering the existence of the advanced and premium caches.  At the moment I'm painfully looking for them through the desktop site, but I'm really considering purchasing the premium membership (also for the other included benefits).

I wouldn't mind to have the opportunity of a free trial as well, would be much appreciated ^_^

Thanks in advance for the great support!

Hello.

I'm a premium user myself for a long time, but I've met a geocaching buddy and she refuses to buy premium, because her money is very tight.
I would be very happy if I could get a free month premium trial for her as a suprise since she's very into the hobby. Giving her money for the premium would be awkward :)

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, RuideAlmeida said:

Sent!

Check your profile email, please.

Thank you so mich for the trial key =) 

Does it take a while till it gets active in the App? 

Because, when i entered the Code, IT says something Like, that there is an error.

Guess i just have to wait, right?! :)

1 minute ago, K13 said:

YES,  maybe the Moderator will catch that opportunity the next time this happens.  Or, just change the title of the currently used thread to prevent this from happening again..

Do you know of any request unanswered?

Or is just complaining for the sake of complaining?

Not very helpful I guess...

Helpful to the other moderators who refer the requests to this thread.

Helpful to the ones requesting who don't know that the thread  "Premium - - Is It Worth It?" is the place to ask for "Free 30 Day Trial Premium Membership"

No complaint at all.  Maybe you read more into our posts than was stated?

• Upvote 1

It was like discovering next part or next level (however you called it) of Geocaching when I bought the premium version. Also, giving favs to awesome caches is so much fun! Generally speaking - worth it in my opinion.

Have fun testing it, Guys! Didn't know there is such a possibility.

Hi, my dad an i are totaly hooked up on geoacaching in Holland. We go to a campsite and search for caches almost every weekend.  I'ts a lot of fun!  There was even a cach in our backyard we didn't know about (lol)

Can someone mail me a free trail code so  my dad and i can find some caches that are gray on my app?

Groeten van Ties!

Edited by tiesdejong

We found a cache by accident with the geocaching.com address on the box.  It was a big surprise and added a lot of fun to our day.  Then we discovered this website and all of the caches around us.  What a shock!

We would love to see what the Premium membership would add to our new found hobby.  Would it be possible for someone to send a free trial code to us?

Thanks!