Premium -- is it worth it?

randomactsofkindness

On 14/08/2018 at 6:18 AM, abyssus2013 said:

Thank you for the trial code I recieved today, says I am now premium but the Groundspeak is not letting me access any premium caches even though I can see them. No probs on c:geo I have logged in/ out and even deleted and reinstalled the official geocaching app.

Can anyone help

Hi everyone, after > 150 free finds in my neighborhood (and beyond), my girlfriend and I are wondering whether or not a premium membership is worth it for us. Is there anyone who could share a trial code with us so we could test this during a short period of time? 

Thanks in advance! ?

38 minutes ago, jankoshinsky said:

Got it.  Thank you.  I activated it then went to my app and it’s not showing any more than it was before and when I click on one it tells me I need to upgrade to premium 

Don't worry, you are PM already. :)

I suggest that you logoff and login again, both with your profile and homepage/app.

Good Morning 

We found out about Geocaching a few days ago and my son and I have found 7 over the weekend. It's great fun. there are a lot of caches that are locked for us as we need to upgrade but unsure if worth it? 

It probably will be but is there anywhere we can get a trial code for a free trial first?

Thanks in advance 

It's been pages and pages since someone made this point, so I'll say it again.

It's great that y'all get to try out premium membership to see if it's worth it to you, but I encourage any one of you who will continue to be cachers who can afford to spend thirty bucks A YEAR (the price of a week's worth of morning coffee at you-know-where-bucks) on supporting the hobby, even if you NEVER HUNT A PREMIUM CACHE OR RUN A POCKET QUERY.

Premium Memberships are a major (if not THE major) source of funding for the company that hosts our hobby.

Where else can you get this much stuff to do for FREE?

Yes, there are limits on what a Basic Member can do through the 'official' app, but think about what it costs to run a company and a datacenter with an in-house development staff, supporting a VERY busy website and phone application, and MILLIONS of very demanding users.

The cost of membership hasn't gone up since this whole thing started almost twenty years ago. What else ya got that you can say that about?

So, pitch in! Help keep the lights on!

If you can't afford it, then by all means continue to play for free. Nothing wrong with that, and I at least am grateful for every cache you put out and every one of mine that you find & log. I'm glad that we can play together.

But, if you CAN see your way clear to helping, PLEASE DO!

What other comparable thing do you have in your life that costs so little?

For those who have gotten the Premium Trials, as you evaluate it please also consider the community aspect of it.

Cache on!

...Bill

TeamRabbitRun

• Upvote 3
3 hours ago, TeamRabbitRun said:

It's been pages and pages since someone made this point, so I'll say it again.

It's great that y'all get to try out premium membership to see if it's worth it to you, but I encourage any one of you who will continue to be cachers who can afford to spend thirty bucks A YEAR (the price of a week's worth of morning coffee at you-know-where-bucks) on supporting the hobby, even if you NEVER HUNT A PREMIUM CACHE OR RUN A POCKET QUERY.

Premium Memberships are a major (if not THE major) source of funding for the company that hosts our hobby.

Where else can you get this much stuff to do for FREE?

Yes, there are limits on what a Basic Member can do through the 'official' app, but think about what it costs to run a company and a datacenter with an in-house development staff, supporting a VERY busy website and phone application, and MILLIONS of very demanding users.

The cost of membership hasn't gone up since this whole thing started almost twenty years ago. What else ya got that you can say that about?

So, pitch in! Help keep the lights on!

If you can't afford it, then by all means continue to play for free. Nothing wrong with that, and I at least am grateful for every cache you put out and every one of mine that you find & log. I'm glad that we can play together.

But, if you CAN see your way clear to helping, PLEASE DO!

What other comparable thing do you have in your life that costs so little?

For those who have gotten the Premium Trials, as you evaluate it please also consider the community aspect of it.

Cache on!

...Bill

TeamRabbitRun

I am very new, only hearing about this on Saturday just gone, however I can already see how well it's all put together and the huge community and resources that are on offer. I wanted a free trial because, 1 - it's offered so why wouldn't you and 2 - i wanted to see what i was missing out on in terms of premium caches and extra features. 

For like £22 a year it's an absolute bargain so i will most definitely jump on board, even if the novelty wears off, but I am loving it so far.

11 attempted 9 found and we continue...