Premium -- is it worth it?

randomactsofkindness

10 hours ago, RuideAlmeida said:

Sent!

Check your profile email, please.

Many thanks! Hope to log our first cache(s) soon!

Edit: Cheered to soon. Although I got this message: 

"Success! Thank you for redeeming the Free Premium Trial Membership. Your Premium Membership has been extended. It will now expire on 08/12/2018",

I am still a Basic member, also after logging out and logging back in.

Do you know what went wrong and what I should do next?

Edited by TessaEmma
New info
6 hours ago, Ovečka & spol said:

I'm kind of confused. Have you been ignoring my messages on purpose?

I sent you two separate emails on different dates and also a message thru the Message Center... so the quick answer would be, no, I'm not ignoring you.

Edited by RuideAlmeida
Typo
1 hour ago, RuideAlmeida said:

I sent you two separate emails on different dates and also a message thru the Message Center... so the quick answer would be, no, I'm not ignoring you.

I didn't intend my question to sound offensive. I am sorry if you felt it that way. Your response makes me confused even more because none of those got through. :) What to blame? Maybe the spaces in my nickname are a problem or the local character "č"? I honestly don't know.

gc_mc.pnggc_mail.png

gc_mc_forum.png

Edited by Ovečka & spol
reduced picture size...
1 hour ago, RuideAlmeida said:

I can see that you are PM already, please logoff and login again, both your profile and homepage/app.

It seems to have resolved itself. When I looked at the app, I was premium member (without signing out and in) and then when I checked the website I was premium member as well. Thanks again for your efforts!

I've been a member for a few years now and love geocaching.  As I'm a student I don't have a lot of excess cash but have always wondered if I should consider getting a premium membership.   Does anyone know if there are a lot of premium caches in the Calgary area and if it is worth getting a Premium Member if you live in Calgary?  I've heard there is a 30 day trial but it seems you need a code.  Do you know where you can get codes?

7 minutes ago, Ewok Cacher said:

Does anyone know if there are a lot of premium caches in the Calgary area and if it is worth getting a Premium Member if you live in Calgary?  I've heard there is a 30 day trial but it seems you need a code.  Do you know where you can get codes?

Been a Premium Member has many advantages... but you can see and log PMO (Premium Member Only) caches even as a Basic Member, simply using the homepage to collect the details.

I sent you a PM voucher.

6 hours ago, RuideAlmeida said:

Been a Premium Member has many advantages... but you can see and log PMO (Premium Member Only) caches even as a Basic Member, simply using the homepage to collect the details.

I sent you a PM voucher.

Thank you for voucher.  I have tried to enter it but it says the code is invalid.

2 minutes ago, Ewok Cacher said:

I have tried to enter it but it says the code is invalid.

Can you confirm that you were never PM before?

Then I suggest you try again... sometimes a space before of after the code may give an error.

As a last resort I will send you a new one.

In some countries are there high numbers of non-premium members? From my experience in Australia, most people have paid their membership. There are very few who aren't premium members. I am surprised that even when a cacher with very few finds (maybe even in single figures) logs my cache, they are nearly all paid up members already.

I was a rare exception to this, as I found 180 caches before I joined. (No phone in those days, so by printouts of the map and checking for signs of where others had walked and then following that.) I joined when I bought my Garmin. I was beginning to feel guilty though for taking so long to join, because organisations such as geocaching do need funds to exist. Without paying members, there would likely be no geocaching to enjoy.

Edited by Goldenwattle
Spelling correction