Premium -- is it worth it?

randomactsofkindness

A Premium membership in geocaching is worth it to some, but not others. In my opinion its completely worth it. But Your best bet would be to buy it for a year, and see if you thought it was worth the money, if you did not enjoy it, cancel your membership.

4 hours ago, RuideAlmeida said:

Sent!

Check your profile email, please.

Okay, so I don't know if I doing something wrong? Or what? I check the email that I have here...on Geocaching.com, And my email address that I have registered thru here, and I have nothing from you, in either inbox? Did it maybe not get sent? Or am I doing something wrong, with where to check?

38 minutes ago, Gemittarrius said:

Okay, so I don't know if I doing something wrong? Or what? I check the email that I have here...on Geocaching.com, And my email address that I have registered thru here, and I have nothing from you, in either inbox? Did it maybe not get sent? Or am I doing something wrong, with where to check?

The voucher was sent to the email address associated with your geocaching.com account.

PS: Check also the Spam folder, please.

Edited by RuideAlmeida
4 minutes ago, RuideAlmeida said:

The voucher was sent to the email address associated with your geocaching.com account.

PS: Check also the Spam folder, please.

Okay, Thanks. I guess it's being slow about showing up on my side. I'll keep an eye out. Thanks! :)

Perhaps this thread could be renamed "Free Trial Premium Membership" or something like that.

Or perhaps, instead of closing the next thread named something like that as a duplicate of this one, this thread could be closed (since it has long since abandoned its original topic of whether premium membership is worth it), and the new thread could be used for requesting and granting free trial premium memberships.

• Upvote 2

Good day 

I see you had been offering trial memberships and  would still like to try one just to see how many I have been missing (not being able to see the PMO) and then hopefully decide on if nothing else a few month memberships. 

Please and thank you so much In advance I hope to hear from you. 

Thank you again so very much in advance. 

Joe AKA Racerrecords

On 01/07/2018 at 6:53 PM, RuideAlmeida said:

You can access all the caches thru the homepage without PM.

Sent!

Check your email, please.

Thank you for the code and the advice. From my point of view, after a few days of PM membership, I beleive it is great and useful. Will more than probably continue in PM. 

Just wanted to mention that there is a difference between "Advanced" and "Premium Member Only" caches.

"Advanced" caches are Traditional caches with a D/T rating greater than 2/2 or non-Traditional caches with any D/T rating cannot be viewed on the app without a Premium Membership.  However, Basic Members can view these caches on the website and can download GPX files to load one-by-one onto GPSr devices.

"Premium Member Only" (aka, "PMO") caches, of any cache type or D/T rating, can only be viewed with a Premium Membership.  Basic Members cannot view these caches on either the website or app without a Premium Membership.

They are not "grey" on the app for Basic Members. For Basic Members, they are not visible on the official app at all.

*Event caches and any type/rating caches that are associated with Official GeoTours can be viewed on the app by Basic Members. 

On 6/29/2018 at 3:29 PM, Xitaclan said:
I'm very new to this (28 caches and 1st post on the forum). Would it please be possible to get a free trial for PM? I am curious about other types of caches than tradi ones.
On 7/2/2018 at 9:42 AM, BenJamming said:

Any chance of having a look at the free trial? Already have 2 caches but quite a few round my work are premium so want to see whats what with them.

On 7/4/2018 at 4:05 AM, Kneill4444 said:

I've found some nearby caches to try but they're premium only and I can't afford the subscription just now.

On 7/4/2018 at 5:54 AM, groscastor96 said:

Would you please send me a free premium trial, since alot of the caches where I live are premium and I can't do more without premium access ?

Edited by noncentric
Apparently, the D/T rating limit for Basic members has been changed to 2/2 (not 1.5/1.5)
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
6 hours ago, 31MAK said:

My previous post appears to be hidden (it had some questions that I can ask elsewhere about Premium) so I'll just post this inquiring about trying premium. Is it possible to get a code for a trial?

None of your posts are hidden, but the first one needed to be approved, that's all.

Sent!

Check your profile email.

Edited by RuideAlmeida
Typo