Wooden Coins found in my first cache.

_DerHirte_

Hello, about 30 minutes ago I found my first Cache. It seems to be a premium cache because I cannot find it on the map and I did not see any tracking number on the cache. I found 2 wooden coins. One has "Berkshire Geobash #6 GC6CE1Q" and the other has "NJ RARITAN 2015" on it. I'm not sure what these coins are,  if they're collectibles or what but I'd like to know.

21 hours ago, _DerHirte_ said:

Hello, about 30 minutes ago I found my first Cache. It seems to be a premium cache because I cannot find it on the map and I did not see any tracking number on the cache. I found 2 wooden coins. One has "Berkshire Geobash #6 GC6CE1Q" and the other has "NJ RARITAN 2015" on it. I'm not sure what these coins are,  if they're collectibles or what but I'd like to know.

The Berkshire Geobash is a mega event in Mass. and they distribute these coins every year to advertise the event (BTW this year's will be the final one (see here https://coord.info/GC739AN ).

There is a NJ cacher who goes by the name Raritan.  I suspect the other one was his "signature item".  Some cachers have signature items they leave in every cache they find. It could be a coin such as this, path tag, business card, or numerous other items with their caching name stamped on it.    Feel free to collect if you wish. 

1 minute ago, briansnat said:

The Berkshire Geobash is a mega event in Mass. and they distribute these coins every year to advertise the event (BTW this year's will be the final one (see here https://coord.info/GC739AN ).

There is a NJ cacher who goes by the name Raritan.  I suspect the other one was his "signature item".  Some cachers have signature items they leave in every cache they find. It could be a coin such as this, path tag, business card, or numerous other items with their caching name stamped on it.    Feel free to collect if you wish. 

Thank you very much for the information. How did the Geobash coin get here in NJ?

Wooden nickels are one of my favorite things to collect!  I rarely find them, so when I do it's a big "Woooooohoooooo!"   

We have signature wooden nickels that we've left in caches all over the Southwest, so as mentioned above, we've either just left them in the caches, or traded for another signature item.

1 hour ago, _DerHirte_ said:

Thank you very much for the information. How did the Geobash coin get here in NJ?

The people who run the Berkshire Geobash usually come to NJ for our Metro Gathering Mega event and give out those wooden coins like candy in order to promote their event. I usually wind up with a bag full and put them in caches.