New Basic account can see all caches?

Korichnovui

11 minutes ago, Korichnovui said:

So on the website a basic member can do everything? Solve mysteries, write down coordinates to whatever, see and find everything? I had no idea. 

Not everything.  As mentioned basic members won't see PMO caches.  There are additional benefits that Premium Members have on the web site (and in Apps).

But the Official Geocaching App behaves something like a demo for non-paying members.  The web site does a lot more for free than the App does for free.  Get the word out. :)

Edited by kunarion
10 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

Even on the website they can't see PM caches, right?

Right.  The  only caches a basic member can't get info for on the site is pmos.  IIRC it's part of that "keeping the game free" thing.

Using a GPSr, when I had a "disagreement" and let my pm go for a bit, it didn't affect my caching at all.   

Edited by cerberus1
7 hours ago, Korichnovui said:

So on the website a basic member can do everything? Solve mysteries, write down coordinates to whatever, see and find everything? I had no idea. 

This has always been true. Website came well before smartphone apps. 

Basic Member can't see PMO caches, nor use much in the way of search tools (pocket query, most search functions, sorting, no map filters, no bookmark), and can't bulk download gpx files. Until sometime recently, they couldn't download gpx files at all; now they can download 1 gpx at a time, from the cache page. An loc file is title, coords, gc code, D T, no text.  I don't recall if it even has cache type.

Edited by Isonzo Karst