Donate a code

Aer72

35 minutes ago, Aer72 said:

I didn't criticize. I asked what is the purpose? To me, "Donate a code" implies a charity or a cause of some sort. If that is the case, I might be more willing to give up a code. If the cause is "I'm poor and can't afford to buy tags," that's your right. But I won't give anyone any codes without knowing WHY.

• Upvote 3
3 hours ago, TriciaG said:

I didn't criticize. I asked what is the purpose? To me, "Donate a code" implies a charity or a cause of some sort. If that is the case, I might be more willing to give up a code. If the cause is "I'm poor and can't afford to buy tags," that's your right. But I won't give anyone any codes without knowing WHY.

^This

I could walk up to a stranger on the sidewalk and ask them for money, but they're naturally going to ask "why?" and/or "what for?", both of which are perfectly valid and reasonable questions in such a scenario. Refusing to give any explanation is a sure-fire way of killing any chance of your request being fulfilled.

• Upvote 2
20 hours ago, The A-Team said:

^This

I could walk up to a stranger on the sidewalk and ask them for money, but they're naturally going to ask "why?" and/or "what for?", both of which are perfectly valid and reasonable questions in such a scenario. Refusing to give any explanation is a sure-fire way of killing any chance of your request being fulfilled.

I really meant for this to be read by MAX and 99 and I did not expect a donation from others. Such as you

14 minutes ago, Aer72 said:

I really meant for this to be read by MAX and 99 and I did not expect a donation from others. Such as you

It probably would have been more effective to respond to their original post in that forum topic or to private message them. It might even help to add a @Max & 99 to your post when it is directed to someone specific.

Edited by Team Christiansen
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Aer72 said:

That's odd, max and 99 aren't even in this thread (yet), and aren't mentioned until A-Team's statement.   We can't read minds...

Why didn't you respond in the thread that they posted in?    Clicking on the posted date you included links to their post...  

Agree with Team Christiansen, if you didn't want "others" responding, email's a good option next time.   :)

1 hour ago, Aer72 said:

I'm sure you can understand how your OP sounds like you're asking anyone that happens to read your thread to consider giving you a code?

I mean, you did say "if anyone has any TB codes".  When people write things to a specific person, then they usually would say "if you have any...".