"Visiting" Guidelines

Anisii

Hello everyone,

I recently came into possession of 3 TBs that I have plans for dropping at their individual goals (or at least a step closer to their goals), and to keep them moving I've been bringing them along for visits to each cache I find. However, I was logging a DNF on a cache and, to my surprise, the trackable logging menu was there at the bottom, just like on a found it log. I guess my question is this: Would I be allowed to log them as visiting a cache I didn't find?

PS: Sorry if it's a dumb question, I'm very new to caching. Thanks in advance!

0.jpeg

Guess that means your auto-logging for trackables default is set ON  with all logs.  Odd.   Which app?

Maybe it is more "convenient" to just log all , but you didn't find it, right ?   :)

Sure, you're "allowed" (really, who'd notice) , but are you comfortable with not keeping another's property as accurate as possible ?

Misunderstood...

Edited by cerberus1

I'm not sure why they allow it. I don't think it's commonly used. But I'm glad it's allowed because I use it once in a while when the cache really would have been perfect for the TB to visit if I'd found it. I say it visited even though, naturally, it never actually saw the cache. I think I've done that maybe half a dozen times total, so only for very special occasions. If it doesn't make sense to you, feel free not to bother.

Yes you can log it as visited, of course there should be a reason otherwise it would be just another empty took-it-to log. To give an example: this weekend we walked a multi cache and intended to drop a trackable in the cache. During the walk we made a photo of the trackable at a nice viewpoint. In the end we didn't find the cache and wrote a DNF-log, but we had checked the visited box and then posted the photo with the log on the trackable page.

With respect to the post of cerberus1: the topic starter didn't say anything about auto-logging or anything being on. He just mentioned the regular trackable menu you seewhen you log a cache on the website (and maybe also in the app), where you have to choose between no action/dropped off/visited.