TB sticker doubles

Aer72

3 hours ago, Aer72 said:

I did a tral of caches today and foung four TB stickers. They all had the samecode.

It's not unusual for a TB owner to use the same number on many items.  I was handed an ink pen at an Event in 2009, by a guy who had the same number on all of them.  Back then, the TB page could be locked by TPTB for the offense.  These days, I guess as long as the servers can handle it, it's fine.  Maybe?

I'm ordering packs of custom "Cacher Cards" for a Mega Event this fall.  Each member's card has the same tracking number.

The tracking number refers to a particular TB page.  I can imagine a few ways that could be useful to a TO, even if the page is not open to logs.

Edited by kunarion

We see this a lot, but IIRC not much will be done unless it becomes an annoyances for others.  They're then locked.

Just some recent, "...is now a hooded top but is also known to be in sticker form on postage labels and cache logs", or "To be discovered by as many people as possible.  This sticker bug will be placed at all cache sites I own and in a few I find on my travels".

- It's the " ...and in a few I find on my travels" (caches that belong to others) that may be the end of that experiment.     :)

1 minute ago, cerberus1 said:

- It's the " ...and in a few I find on my travels" (caches that belong to others) that may be the end of that experiment.     :)

On my caches, I'll allow a little sticker in the cache log book where the cacher signs the log.  But stuck to the container or a wall or post, not so much.

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:56 AM, cerberus1 said:

^This

For those who aren't aware of the issue, it's the case where multiple objects with the same code are travelling from cache-to-cache where the problems arise. Since there's only one trackable listing page, you get conflicts between different "holders" of the trackable who need to retrieve it and drop it, since it can only "reside" in one place at any given time. Having the code available in multiple places for the purpose of discovery only doesn't have the same issue.

1 hour ago, The A-Team said:

For those who aren't aware of the issue, it's the case where multiple objects with the same code are travelling from cache-to-cache where the problems arise. Since there's only one trackable listing page, you get conflicts between different "holders" of the trackable who need to retrieve it and drop it, since it can only "reside" in one place at any given time. Having the code available in multiple places for the purpose of discovery only doesn't have the same issue.

I'll admit that I found two identical trackables in two different caches.  Grabbed it from the cache in California, and put it in a cache in New Jersey, where it got grabbed two days later by a cacher who found the Falifornia cache.  Adds lots of miles!

23 hours ago, The A-Team said:

^This

I had this issue with a trackable last month. There was a lot of grabbing from inventories of other cachers and grumpy posts written on the TB's logs about people nabbing from their inventory when they clearly didn't have the trackable in hand. They did of course. There were at least 3 of them floating around I could count just from the logs, and probably more.