Halloween Event

fractal

As some of you might have heard, Soup and I are putting on a Geocaching event for Halloween.

We've worked out most of the details and have begun constructing some "fun things" icon_wink.gif

Our biggest concern though was where to host the party. We have some "interesting" plans, and thought no one would ever let us into their house after we told them what we wanted to do..

Luckily for us, Dasein contacted Soup and I right after Broken Arrow and said they would love to help us out with a Halloween event. We told them that we needed their house, and we plan on doing horrible things to it... Amazingly enough, they said yes!

We really appreciate them opening up their house to all of us for this night of horror icon_biggrin.gif

We do have space limitations though. We will be able to invite about 40-ish people to the party. To slect those people, we will be hiding "golden tickets" in various Portland area caches. Each ticket is good for admitting 2 people to the party. We will have an online ticket validation/RSVP system so we know exactly who will be there.

Also, since Dasein, Soup, and I are setting this whole thing up, each of us will be personally inviting a few folks.

Some (if not all) elements of this party will be of an adult nature, so we really can't have anyone under 18 years of age attending.

And then... icon_wink.gif

Here's a little teaser that I made to get you in the Halloween mood...

Parental guidance suggested... for real.

(DivX codec required)

Bonus:

The teaser is made up of 2 things:

The opening sequence of a classic movie

&

A really weird music video

The first person to post here in the forums the name of the movie and the video get a golden ticket!

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45* 30.ish

W 122* 58.ish

Since I missed Broken Arrow, I (we) REALLY want to come to the Halloween Gala. When will you start hiding the tickets? Are you going to post the info here, or on Geocaching? This will be our first event, and I'm really looking forward to getting to know other local cachers!!

Angela icon_smile.gif

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence [and happiness] then is not an act, but a habit. ~~Aristotle

quote:
Originally posted by TeamDonkey25:

When will you start hiding the tickets? Are you going to post the info here, or on Geocaching?

No worries as we are currently consulting our Ouija board, and it has given us many answers to our pressing matters. Yes, the tickets will begin to appear in the very near future.

Well, thats what the magic 8-ball told us.. -C

I want to go!!!!!

That is the day I get fired/laid off and I want to celebrate by not showing up and going to Portland instead.

Please? Please?? Please???

40158_1200.gif I hope you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you've heard is not what I meant. --Richard Nixon

icon_geocachingwa.gif

Bazzle, we'll just have to lurk in the forums every day now, watching for notices. Knowing the dynamic duo, they'll find a creative way of letting us know the tickets are out there. But if you try going to the same cache as me, we'll have to have a battle Star Wars style with our geo-sticks over the ticket!! icon_biggrin.gif

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence [and happiness] then is not an act, but a habit. ~~Aristotle

quote:
Originally posted by fractal:

Soup and I discussed a few ways of distributing the tickets... It's a good thing that Dr. I and Voss had some 'leftover' ideas icon_wink.gif

Look forward to some fun stuff!

-fractal

Hmmmmmm... I think I have an IOU from Voss laying around here someplace. Looks like I might have to locate that icon_wink.gif

* Remember... Only you can pervert forest faeries... *

**Namaste**

pdx33.gif

Just as long as hiding one at 2925 isn't the plan....I'm not sure our GeoFeet are up to that task just yet.

If 2925 is this hard now, I wonder what it will be like once the rain starts!

Angela icon_smile.gif

Yep! fractal and I will finish coordination of the early ticket dispersal methods. We have been known to obsess about the small details, so that might have caused some delay...

But not to worry, as cheap food and beer will power us into the next stage of this H-ween event. Stay tuned, if you dare! icon_biggrin.gif

-soup

Trying to check the website, but it appears to be down. Aargh! So frustrating....I just know other people are going to beat me to the info! icon_razz.gif

Any clue when the website will be back up?

Angela of TeamDonkey25

quote:
Originally posted by fractal:

Looks like the pdxgeocaching.com site is down... If it stays that way through tomorrow night, the clue for the next golden ticket will be posted here...

-fractal

Hmm, that's interesting... I just posted there at 11:25 and went to it again just now without problem. Are you sure you're not having issues with your internet connection again, fractal?

--laurak

I was wondering how much more intrest there is surrounding this event. I anticipate that this is gonna be the event of the season. At least until soup and fractal team up to blow our minds again that is. are ther any cachers still seeking Golden Tickets?

and I wanted to move this thread back to the top where it belongs.

That doesn't smell like mud Chucko

quote:
Originally posted by Trekks:

I might have to give up mine. There are 3 of us and only a ticket for 2. If anyone has 1/2 a ticket that my 20 year old son can tag along with, we would be happy.

Oh, please don't give up your ticket! Maybe your son could be pdxmarathonman's "date?" Whaddaya say, Marathon man? Women aren't necessarily all they're cracked up to be! Oh wait... I'm one...

--laurak of dasein

quote:
Originally posted by Trekks:

I might have to give up mine. There are 3 of us and only a ticket for 2. If anyone has 1/2 a ticket that my 20 year old son can tag along with, we would be happy.

By 'son' do you mean 'daughter?' And by 'tag along,' do you mean 'make love to?'

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

First to address Sparrowhawk's comments: My first possibility for a date went and found her own ticket - presumably so she wouldn't have to attend as the date of a man! nttiawwt

And, as long as Oregone is waayyy off on his suggestion I think I can offer up the other half of my ticket to the Trekks' son (when the party host suggests it, how can one resist?).