Cant access premuim caches

Ashlealeeann

Im using my 30-day trial for premium although im unable to do anything with the premium caches. When i put the caches in list view, it shows me those that are premium. When i click on the cache name to see the further info and location; "you must be a premuim member to view this geocache" is this normal? Will this fix itself? 

16 minutes ago, Ashlealeeann said:

Im using my 30-day trial for premium although im unable to do anything with the premium caches. When i put the caches in list view, it shows me those that are premium. When i click on the cache name to see the further info and location; "you must be a premuim member to view this geocache" is this normal? Will this fix itself? 

You already shows like PM to everyone, so I suggest that you logoff and login again, both with your profile and the homepage/app.

Edited by RuideAlmeida
Typo
  • Upvote 1

Hi, I'm having a similar issue. I've logged in/out and my profile now says Premium - at least it did on that one screen, but I see on this post it still says Basic. I'm going to close my browser - maybe it's a cookies thing. 

*edit: as of this posting, it still says basic while I navigate the sites features and says premium when I click to view my profile (below). 

sdf.thumb.png.e5a8545071a7babe9933cf03c12803d3.png

Edited by 31MAK
Add image
2 minutes ago, TriciaG said:

The forum software lags (or doesn't update at all) on the type of membership. Your profile says you're premium, so you have access to all premium features. Ignore the tag under your forum picture. :)

It doesn't seem that way, but maybe it's a lag thing. I'll wait until the end of day to see if the caches load. Thanks though!

Edited by 31MAK
1 hour ago, 31MAK said:

*edit: as of this posting, it still says basic while I navigate the sites features and says premium when I click to view my profile (below). 

Go to https://www.geocaching.com/account/settings/profile, and you can change the "Forum Title" under your avatar. I just changed my title from "Premium Member" to "Grandpa". Let see how long it takes to actually take effect in the forums.

3 hours ago, Team Christiansen said:

Go to https://www.geocaching.com/account/settings/profile, and you can change the "Forum Title" under your avatar. I just changed my title from "Premium Member" to "Grandpa". Let see how long it takes to actually take effect in the forums.

3 hours ago, NanCycle said:

Also, there have been posts about the fact that some of these changes (I don't remember exactly what) simply don't work at all anymore.

Since last October.    Sorry Grandpa.  :)

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, 31MAK said:

Hi, I'm having a similar issue. I've logged in/out and my profile now says Premium - at least it did on that one screen, but I see on this post it still says Basic. I'm going to close my browser - maybe it's a cookies thing. 

The Forums software is a bit separate from the geocaching.com website.  You'd need to logout of the Forums and then log back into the Forums to have "Premium Member" show up underneath your Avatar.

In regards to the geocaching.com website, what Premium features are you not seeing?

17 hours ago, noncentric said:

The Forums software is a bit separate from the geocaching.com website.  You'd need to logout of the Forums and then log back into the Forums to have "Premium Member" show up underneath your Avatar.

That's how it used to work, but this process broke when they changed the forum software. Forum title and membership status no longer update on the forum.

Hopefully you don't move to the east coast. :laughing: