How do I use the HTML attributes? ol type start

Adler 12

I just try to create a better Lisitng. I want to use the tag ol with the attributes type and start. As I can read out of the supported section this must work without problems, but it didn't.

Here is my example:

<ol type="A" start="2">
  <li>sand</li>
  <li>silt</li>
  <li>clay</li>
</ol>

And i expect:

1. sand
  2. silt
  3. clay

but I get:

1. sand
  2. silt
  3. clay

What am I doing wrong?

Pls help.

Edited by Adler 12
11 minutes ago, arisoft said:

The list type is overridden by  "list-style-type: decimal;" in CSS: and local style is not allowed. You have to add index values yourself.

How can I do this? (Example code if possible)

Or do you just mean insert the index into the text? Like this just in an ul:

• A: OptionA
49 minutes ago, Adler 12 said:

Or do you just mean insert the index into the text?

That's it. At least it works. Writing HTML in cache descriptions has always been trial and error and this is a good example. Sometimes you have found a cool effect just no notice that it does not work, like marquee, which runs only one way.

4 hours ago, Adler 12 said:

Hmm that's somehow sad and I even pay for it. Looks like you can get the most out of your lisitng only with some GIF or pictures and edit it with font or table elements.

It makes you more inventive :) when you try to circumvent all those restrictions. Automatic indexing seems to be quite unimportant feature for static content.

9 hours ago, Adler 12 said:

Or do you just mean insert the index into the text? Like this just in an ul:

Or you could also use a table with vertically aligned cells (column 1 is the index label, column is the content); if you want you can width="100%" the 2nd column.

Edited by thebruce0

For the record, I can't stand it when someone uses HTML OLs for numbering questions in a field puzzle. When I view these listings on my GPSr, it doesn't render the HTML, so I can't see the numbers beside each question. For compatibility, it's safer to just number them yourself with regular text.

• Helpful 1