Corvallis Area

Nurse Dave

We just did the corvallis/albany caches yesterday. A local cacher (here in Eugene) created a book for us to use (all the print outs for the caches there). We were able to hit 13 caches yesterday with three little kids in tow.

I wish there was some way to get this book to you. We've talked about hiding it and making the book itself a cache. Then people from this area (Eugene) could "find" the book and take it with them up to Corvallis and log the caches. And then bring it back here and hide it again for the next person heading to Corvallis.

when you come to Eugene let us know. We will let you know the "route" to take to hit the most caches. Good luck

Amy of the familyO'foxes

So we did our trip yesterday. Got a little later start than we hoped and wanted to get back for the Bones and Brew on the waterfront, so we didn't have ALL day.

The ones we went to and liked the best were:

Bald Hill - This one was a double edge sword. Get view, nice hiking, but a long walk to get there. Wasn't ideal for people with a short time to cache. This was also the first of the day and gave us sore legs for the rest of the day.

Aw Nuts! - Very nice. A short little walk with a steep hill at the end. Ends at a nice view.

Chipper's Conundrum - It felt like a 15-20 minute walk, but I didn't time it. All uphill, but again a very nice view. This ended by some benches and I wished I could have spent some time at the end of this one to enjoy the view and relax, but the rain started and the cloud was pretty black so I took off back down the hill.

The big plus is with Corvallis' size no two caches can be very far apart. I lived in Corvallis for 14 years, but forgot what it like living in a small town after not too long in Portland.

cool_shades.gif ---I will stand out, I am a raven in the snow.

One other note. We found quite a few of the caches we went to had some type of food type item in them. I understand that Corvallis is a small town and all, but look you get some guy from Portland like me that comes down or some group of kids being funny and who knows what can be in that pack of spiced cider. Just want people to be careful.

cool_shades.gif ---I will stand out, I am a raven in the snow.

quote:
Originally posted by Nurse Dave & LKay:

So we did our trip yesterday. Got a little later start than we hoped and wanted to get back for the Bones and Brew on the waterfront, so we didn't have ALL day.

The ones we went to and liked the best were:

Bald Hill - This one was a double edge sword. Get view, nice hiking, but a long walk to get there. Wasn't ideal for people with a short time to cache. This was also the first of the day and gave us sore legs for the rest of the day.

Aw Nuts! - Very nice. A short little walk with a steep hill at the end. Ends at a nice view.

Chipper's Conundrum - It felt like a 15-20 minute walk, but I didn't time it. All uphill, but again a very nice view. This ended by some benches and I wished I could have spent some time at the end of this one to enjoy the view and relax, but the rain started and the cloud was pretty black so I took off back down the hill.

Thanks for the info Nurse Dave & LKay! I will only have time for 1-3 caches in Corvallis, so your report helps me quite a bit. Now I get to find a couple of cache locations along the drive from here (Spokane) to there so I don't go crazy on the way there and back!!

lisa4pride

quote:
Originally posted by pdxmarathonman:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=18306

the above cache is at a rest stop with a nice look at the bridge you cross just before the rest stop.

There are a few others along the route in that are of

WA also. This is a southbound only cache.

This is an odd reply in the topic labelled Corvallis!

Hey thanks for the info -but I'm going the Tri Cities route so I won't be able to visit this cache on this trip. Hopefully another time.

lisa4pride