adding picture

Jayeffel

I am trying to add a picture to my cache page, but when doing so I get a message stating "

• Something went wrong with the image upload, please try again later.

", but it doesn't say what is wrong. I go to select a  file, and select the picture In want. It shows the file with a long number then jpg. But nothing happens other than that message. Is it the system  or me? 

Edited by Jayeffel
adding message statement
3 hours ago, Viajero Perdido said:

You don't say how you're doing it.  There are multiple ways.

Hasn't there only ever been one way? While that way changed recently, there's still only the one way.

FWIW, I just tested uploading a couple of images to one of my listings. I first tried a big 25MB, 7000x3000 image just for kicks, and that gave a server 500 error. I then tried a smaller image and that uploaded just fine.

2 hours ago, Viajero Perdido said:

Well, there are apps.  The official app, the partner app I use, maybe others, can upload photos.  And the website, at least one way there, probably more.  I hear there's a "new" way, but I use the old way.

While that's all true for attaching images to logs, I don't think it applies to uploading images to cache listings.

What I was trying to do was via the cache page of my cache using the Upload Image on the right side of the screen.  I selected elect the picture I wanted then pressed enter/submit. Then got the above message, maybe  the picture is too big; but it didn't say.

Edited by Jayeffel
drop quoted area

Got it , somehow! I went to the original photo and cropped it some. Then after several attempts to get it uploaded or even recognized, I went to the cropped picture, exported it to the desktop, then went back tot cache page and used the upload image, selected it from the desktop and it went it. A blind mule will find his feed now and then.