Travel bug discoveries?

Zane and Bianca

Just wondering what others thoughts are on the "lists" handed out at events for people to log from. 

I have a travel bug in play (still ) that is currently in Queensland but getting discoveries at an event in NSW. 

Seems to be just a stats thing for those that want numbers but do you delete false logs or let it go? At least this bug is in action still, others I sent out seem to dissapear  pretty quick. Doesnt seem like people read the goals before taking a bug anyway :)

Cheers Mike 

57 minutes ago, TriciaG said:

I delete Discovered logs that were from events. (My TB page clearly says, "No Discovered logs from events, please. Only cache logs." So if anyone questions me about why I delete their discover log, I can point to the TB page.)

I like that? seems not too many people read the bug goal page though. There is one local cache near me that travel bugs dissapear from. I have messaged the cache owner and the bug owners but nothing happens. Oh well just dont leave anything in that cache. Pity because its in a beautiful location.

6 hours ago, Zane and Bianca said:

Just wondering what others thoughts are on the "lists" handed out at events for people to log from. 

I don't like them one bit.  When I get logs that state it was seen on a list , I delete them--if I have bothered to read them.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Zane and Bianca said:

I have a travel bug in play (still ) that is currently in Queensland but getting discoveries at an event in NSW. 

Seems to be just a stats thing for those that want numbers but do you delete false logs or let it go? At least this bug is in action still, others I sent out seem to dissapear  pretty quick. Doesnt seem like people read the goals before taking a bug anyway :)

Cheers Mike 

I feel it depends on how you relate to stress.    

Some people get ticked over it, but include all Discovers with people who use those lists.  Worded well, sometimes you can't even tell which.

A couple of Discovers time-to-time is no big deal, and we're even told to "just delete them" when we mail HQ about it.

- But even a biggy at HQ had issue when their trackable name tag went into hundreds (or better) after a large event, along with over 3000 others.  

You wanna delete that many?  :D

My Discover logs are usually saying something other than "yay, one more find for me !"...

I've left notes (in my Discover...) on a trackable's health many times at events.  Some times they're not only not there, but haven't been in the last cache for months.

That's what those logs are for.   If I can't log a Discover for a "heads up" at events, that may mean you won't find about your trackable for some time, or when a CO finally marks it missing.  :)

11 hours ago, Zane and Bianca said:

At least this bug is in action still, others I sent out seem to dissapear  pretty quick. Doesnt seem like people read the goals before taking a bug anyway.

That's the #1 wish for most these days.  :D

On caches where I'm with another, maybe tagging along, I don't read the goal for a trackable if it's not included with it.  Most aren't included.

- Not everyone caches with a phone.

If solo, I read everything before I head out, trackables included, and mark down if I'll grab a certain one. 

I grabbed a few a while ago (in a cache almost a year), and like you, the TOs were just happy to see they were still in play.  Most weren't listed in the cache to view earlier.

Edited by cerberus1
clarity ;)
On 04/06/2018 at 6:12 AM, cerberus1 said:

That's the #1 wish for most these days.  :D

On caches where I'm with another, maybe tagging along, I don't read the goal for a trackable if it's not included with it.  Most aren't included.

- Not everyone caches with a phone.

If solo, I read everything before I head out, trackables included, and mark down if I'll grab a certain one. 

I grabbed a few a while ago (in a cache almost a year), and like you, the TOs were just happy to see they were still in play.  Most weren't listed in the cache to view earlier.

Yes a well laminated goal card attached can make all the difference. I think having the goal on one side and a brief how to log on the otherside may help. I have had custom dog tags made up in the past for one of my caches just so they lasted longer than a written note. I think I'll try the same with some trackables.  Durability may help with a longer life, no plastic bag or laminated card to deal with.

• Upvote 1