Beta Map Search

rragan

Sometime in the last week or two, the https://www.geocaching.com/play/search page changed and the Filters button is gone.  The new page seems to want pretty much the same things in the input field and only after an initial search which appears to establish a location does the map and a left panel with the filter options appear.  Some of the radio button options are gone (Has Personal Geocache Note is one of them). The Limit Search To field is gone and the best I can manage is to go type the state or country name in the search box. The old way which displayed concrete choices for countries and states rathern than free typing has vanished. 

The more I look at it, the more it looks like the older map filtering panel rather than a filter for the search. Adding search results to a list is now harder as the checkboxes are gone. I can add them all but doing something like checking all and removing a few does not seem possible. If this is not the right thread to discuss, this please point me there. The new beta is not nearly as usable as the old one.

I agree: The old search had more options to filter. What I'm missing - and I can't find a way to do this otherwise - is a way to filter for all my found caches. I like to see them on a map and even though you only can display the last 1000, it's still very nice to see.

I really would like to have this feature back ...

4 hours ago, Stuttguy said:

I agree: The old search had more options to filter. What I'm missing - and I can't find a way to do this otherwise - is a way to filter for all my found caches. I like to see them on a map and even though you only can display the last 1000, it's still very nice to see.

I really would like to have this feature back ...

Since you are a premium member, you can get can download a My Finds pocket query and then use a third party application like GSAK to view the pocket query on a map. See my examples:

all.thumb.PNG.9b9069956107a898fd757f64fe44b62d.PNG    calutah.thumb.PNG.41a0b40b62390deaf9590256ebfc659a.PNG     utah.thumb.PNG.894faef2130abb6eb327c4bdc6ce1c77.PNG

One thing I'd like to see changed is having the 'hide finds/owned' option more prominent. It's buried at the bottom of the filter dialog, but I think that'll be the first thing you decide to change before filtering. If you trying to reduce the map to specific caches, you're probably looking for caches to find and seeing your own (hides/finds) is not relevant.

To address the above, perhaps making it a multi-state option would be reasonable?  Only Unfound, Finds, or Hides, or an additive combination of them.