How to get pocket queries to DriveSmart 51

imcaver

I have been using a Nuvi for a few years and it finally quit working. In it's place, I purchased a Garmin DriveSmart 51 that seems to work similar to my old Nuvi,  however.....I use GSAK and placed the pocket query into GSAK. I change the setup to show "Garmin" and "Drive Smart, all models" and then try to send the files to my DriveSmart. It says they are sent but I can't figure out how to see them on the map page. I do have a memory card I purchased installed in the DriveSmart. Help!

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:15 PM, imcaver said:

I have been using a Nuvi for a few years and it finally quit working. In it's place, I purchased a Garmin DriveSmart 51 that seems to work similar to my old Nuvi,  however.....I use GSAK and placed the pocket query into GSAK. I change the setup to show "Garmin" and "Drive Smart, all models" and then try to send the files to my DriveSmart. It says they are sent but I can't figure out how to see them on the map page. I do have a memory card I purchased installed in the DriveSmart. Help!

Here's a thread that suggests setting a Drivesmart to Mass Storage Mode, with a link to the setting.  Maybe the factory default is "MTP". 

But that thread makes me wonder if the issue is more complicated.  So here's the GSAK Forum, where you may ask for specific steps to using GSAK and Drivesmart.

1 hour ago, cyberrat said:

I have the same question anyone use Garmin Drivesmart model ?

I use a DriveSmart in conjunction with GSAK. I got it 2 or 3 years ago (maybe longer, I don't remember). The GSAK macro didn't have DriveSmart as an option at that time, so I just left the same setting I had with my previous Nuvi. It has worked just fine and I haven't changed any settings since. Until reading this thread, I didn't know that DriveSmart was an option in the macro. I haven't selected any mass storage setting, nor have I ever had need to use a memory card. I haven't had any problem loading 5,000 to 6,000 caches at a time. Depending on driving conditions, I don't always see the caches on the map. But selecting them in the POI menu and navigating to them is quite simple.

1 hour ago, Team Christiansen said:

I use a DriveSmart in conjunction with GSAK. I got it 2 or 3 years ago (maybe longer, I don't remember). The GSAK macro didn't have DriveSmart as an option at that time, so I just left the same setting I had with my previous Nuvi. It has worked just fine and I haven't changed any settings since. Until reading this thread, I didn't know that DriveSmart was an option in the macro. I haven't selected any mass storage setting, nor have I ever had need to use a memory card. I haven't had any problem loading 5,000 to 6,000 caches at a time. Depending on driving conditions, I don't always see the caches on the map. But selecting them in the POI menu and navigating to them is quite simple.

Thanks for your feedback Christiansen good learn that everything is working well 

I just got a DriveSmart 60LM.  For me - I changed the storage mode to USB device (Volume screen, hold finger on top right for 10 seconds, then storage settings was on that screen).  I used POI Loader like I did with the Nuvi 42, but changed the destination to the I:\ drive (microSD card in DriveSmart unit), and it worked perfectly.  I think my POI file is too big to fit on the available storage on the DriveSmart and the card was the trick.  Now on to adding OSM maps!