Disappointed by Groundspeaks attitude.

17 minutes ago, MartyBartfast said:

How about Tetanus for starters?

Huh... What do you know. Gardeners are indeed at a higher risk of contracting tetanus, because the bacteria that cause it live in soil and manure.

It's a good thing geocachers don't normally come into contact with soil or manure.

3 hours ago, OCamera said:

Nomex:

Disabling the geocache isn't going to resolve the issue.  The CO's aren't actively geocaching and haven't been so for quite some time.  In a situation like this, Groundspeak should step in and take care of business.  It's disappointing that there are rules to abide by yet they aren't enforced and some geocache seekers don't abide by them.

On July 5th, I disabled a cache that had received four straight DNF logs in October, November, March and June.  The 1.5 star difficulty cache was clearly missing.  Hidden in August, 2001, this cache is owned by someone who found only six geocaches, with the last of their finds occurring in 2002.  One would think that this cemetery cache was headed for the archival graveyard, right?

Responding to my log, the owner replaced their cache and re-enabled the page on July 6th - one day later.  The cache was found yesterday and received a very positive log.

So there, I took care of business.  You apparently prefer that I should have archived the cache immediately?

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
47 minutes ago, Keystone said:

On July 5th, I disabled a cache that had received four straight DNF logs in October, November, March and June.  The 1.5 star difficulty cache was clearly missing.  Hidden in August, 2001, this cache is owned by someone who found only six geocaches, with the last of their finds occurring in 2002.  One would think that this cemetery cache was headed for the archival graveyard, right?

Responding to my log, the owner replaced their cache and re-enabled the page on July 6th - one day later.  The cache was found yesterday and received a very positive log.

So there, I took care of business.  You apparently prefer that I should have archived the cache immediately?

Hopefully you reminded him/her of ownership responsibilities are more than just putting a new cache container out there. Which solved the immediate problem. 

Archival is only warranted when all of the CO responsibilities can not be performed. If they agree with the rules and expectations great, sounds like a fun place to visit. 

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, niraD said:

Huh... What do you know. Gardeners are indeed at a higher risk of contracting tetanus, because the bacteria that cause it live in soil and manure.

It's a good thing geocachers don't normally come into contact with soil or manure.

So no gardening or geocaching or playing in manure piles.

Or we could all get tetanus shots...

2 hours ago, The_Incredibles_ said:

So no gardening or geocaching or playing in manure piles.

Gardening: OK

Geocaching: OK

Playing in manure piles: Really :wacko::unsure:

For the record I have a couple of horses, and down at the stables there's a HUGE manure pile, and always plenty of kids about, but the idea that a manure pile is a good "child friendly" place for them to play is just bizarre. 

BTW  the site referred to in the OP wasn't a pile of nice fresh manure, it was one of those rotten stinking piles sitting in a couple of inches of brown oily ooze - definitely not a child friendly spot irrespective of your upbringing.

9 hours ago, MartyBartfast said:

Gardening: OK

Geocaching: OK

Playing in manure piles: Really :wacko::unsure:

For the record I have a couple of horses, and down at the stables there's a HUGE manure pile, and always plenty of kids about, but the idea that a manure pile is a good "child friendly" place for them to play is just bizarre. 

We always had lots of fun climbing up manure piles as children. It's mostly grass, anyway. Those kids are missing out.

3 hours ago, MartyBartfast said:

Mostly grass??? Sounds like we're talking about different things.      

This is a manure pile 

OT...  Pilot on a lot of farms as a kid, and  don't remember that either. Straw thoughSome sorta compost maybe...

I saw a bunch of kids playing on a mushroom-compost pile just a couple days ago (building new raised beds).  Stinky stuff.  Regularly see kids playing on mulch piles at the landscaper's supply down the road.  Safe landings, and he doesn't seem to mind.

Near me, there's an alpaca farm that's selling "alpaca beans".   Busy too.   Guess folks weren't interested in it when it was  poop...   :D