Benchmarks: Start new search broken?

terratin

I logged my first every benchmark today. After writing the log on my computer I switched to my phone to upload photos of the mark. My phone had a different benchmark URL stored and I ended up there. I clicked the link 'Start a new search' and ended up on this link: https://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx    which  does not list Benchmarks at all and does not work with benchmark IDs. As benchmarks are so obscure I thought I report this.

The best way to locate benchmarks on the geocaching website is the "find/all nearest benchmark" link on the cache page.  This links to a small subset of the benchmarks available.  To locate listed NGS benchmarks, try the Android App "BenchMap" or the website "Scaredy Cat Film Benchmark Viewer"  

edexter

• Upvote 1

I use the Scaredy Cat Benchmark Viewer regularly, it is great. Currently there is a problem with that site: in the pick a state window, it goes up to North Dakota in alphabetical order, no states after that. Is there a "home" address or a contact link for Scaredy Cat to notify them of the problem? Nothing listed on their site. Also, there is a link to cut and paste where you insert the two letter state designation then enter, but that does not work either. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.   Thanks!!

On 05/06/2018 at 2:24 AM, WHV714 said:
On 02/06/2018 at 2:10 PM, edexter said:

The best way to locate benchmarks on the geocaching website is the "find/all nearest benchmark" link on the cache page.  This links to a small subset of the benchmarks available.  To locate listed NGS benchmarks, try the Android App "BenchMap" or the website "Scaredy Cat Film Benchmark Viewer"  

edexter

On 05/06/2018 at 2:24 AM, WHV714 said:

I use the Scaredy Cat Benchmark Viewer regularly, it is great. Currently there is a problem with that site: in the pick a state window, it goes up to North Dakota in alphabetical order, no states after that. Is there a "home" address or a contact link for Scaredy Cat to notify them of the problem? Nothing listed on their site. Also, there is a link to cut and paste where you insert the two letter state designation then enter, but that does not work either. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.   Thanks!!

Thanks guys. I was not looking for an app or whatever but just reported a bug. I had the Benchmark IDs at hand anyway, but it's a bit tedious on a small phone, thus I thought Start New Search would be convenient, then realized it didn't work. That's all.