Filter possibility for own listings/geocaches overview

mr.magic

Dear Groundspeak / All

As i couldn't find a similar feature request so far please take notice about my following feature request:

I am an active Geocacher since 14 years. In this time I created 60 own Geocaches.

Most of them are still available, but of course some have been archived for different reasons, some are temporary disabled for maintenance purposes and so on.

This means on the site where i can list my owned listings it's not a good overview anymore since all different types of listing states are mixed wild.

It could be so much more easier for an owner if there would be a simple filter where one can filter e.g. for active Geocaches or just display all Geocaches who currently needs maintenance and for me the most important thing to hide archived Geocaches.

Everytime i am looking for needed listing i have to spend extra time in order to find the right listing (also because some older archived listings have the same name like the newly replaced/reloaded listings for a same location). I really would prefer to use this extra-time to go out for Geocaching instead of looking and finding the required listings.  ;-)

I am also working with third-party toools like GSAK and of course there i can have all the filters for may owned Geocaches as i need them, but especially when I am on the way and using geocaching.com on my smartphone's browser to look for an owned listing it would save me time and it would be much easier if there would be just at least a simple filter.

Currently i would be already very happe if a filter for the owned Geocaches would have the following criterias:

- active Geocaches only

- hide archived Geocaches

- Geocaches needing maintenance

Maybe i am wrong or there is also another similar feature request but from my point of view as owner it would make my owner life much more easier.

Thank you for taking note of this and Happy Geocaching to all and also warmest regards to the HQ.

Thorsten (alias mr.magic)

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1

Filter the caches in question (the ones with a NM log) in GSAK and send a PCN ("NM") to all those caches.

In the field do a search with these filter settings:

https://www.geocaching.com/play/search?ot=4&owner[0]=mr.magic&e=1&note=1

I would support such a filter being added.

Meanwhile, my workaround is to keep a bookmark list of all of our caches.  When I archive a cache, I edit its bookmark list entry and put an "x" in front of the title.  Active caches stay on top, archived go below.

• Upvote 2
5 hours ago, mr.magic said:

Currently i would be already very happe if a filter for the owned Geocaches would have the following criterias:

- active Geocaches only

I think this would be a great addition.  Add some choices just like on Your Geocaching Logs from the dashboard.

Log Filters.jpg

16 hours ago, mr.magic said:

Dear Groundspeak / All

As i couldn't find a similar feature request so far please take notice about my following feature request:

I am an active Geocacher since 14 years. In this time I created 60 own Geocaches.

Most of them are still available, but of course some have been archived for different reasons, some are temporary disabled for maintenance purposes and so on.

This means on the site where i can list my owned listings it's not a good overview anymore since all different types of listing states are mixed wild.

It could be so much more easier for an owner if there would be a simple filter where one can filter e.g. for active Geocaches or just display all Geocaches who currently needs maintenance and for me the most important thing to hide archived Geocaches.

Everytime i am looking for needed listing i have to spend extra time in order to find the right listing (also because some older archived listings have the same name like the newly replaced/reloaded listings for a same location). I really would prefer to use this extra-time to go out for Geocaching instead of looking and finding the required listings.  ;-)

I am also working with third-party toools like GSAK and of course there i can have all the filters for may owned Geocaches as i need them, but especially when I am on the way and using geocaching.com on my smartphone's browser to look for an owned listing it would save me time and it would be much easier if there would be just at least a simple filter.

- active Geocaches only

Maybe i am wrong or there is also another similar feature request but from my point of view as owner it would make my owner life much more easier.

Thank you for taking note of this and Happy Geocaching to all and also warmest regards to the HQ.

Thorsten (alias mr.magic)

Thank you for your suggestion. I have passed it along to the team that chooses the engineering projects.