Setting up a day of Geocaching/PQ's not delivered

Mountain Moji

Hey all, I am just getting back into geocaching and have some questions. I am a premium member because I wanted to filter caches by type and size and wanted to use PQ's to send to my Garmin. 

1. How do you all set yourself up for your day of geocaching if you have several? Do you take note of where they are and where to park? Print a map? Right now I have a Garmin full of caches and am not sure how to best get ready for the day. 

2. I became a premium member again and the first PQ worked but I haven't seen one since. I tried with two lists yesterday. The first list was 11 caches and the second list was 18. Never got the second list. 

Thanks so much for your help and suggestions!

Did you set the day for your PQ to run (and saved the setting)?

On the PQ page do you see the PQ ran? If it did, did you check your spamfolder? You may not have seen the mail.

I use GSAK and have a database of all caches in Belgium and the Netherlands. Preparing for a caching day is done (long) in advance by setting the userflag on caches we want to do. In the week before we go out we decide where to go by choosing a "main target". We then see what's near or along the route we'll be taking again setting user flags for caches  we want to do (not all caches along the route are selected). Most of the time we don't need a list to remember the order of caches but if we do it may look like this: WP1 multi, WP2, cache1, WP3, cache2, Wp4,..... cache3.... or we just look at the map on the GPS and even decide at the time if we make a detour for a cache that's not on the route we are following. For most series just 1-2-3-4.. is logical so no lists there.

On a series of mysteries we did a week ago we knew all caches were scattered in a wider area so there I made a small list in our caching notebook about the best order to do them (i.e 8-2-5-12-...) The extra problem there was we needed info from the first 12 to continue the rest and we had no idea where they would be (murder mystery based on Cluedo).

So depending on the way you cache, the may be better or worse ways to plan outings.

On 5/28/2018 at 12:57 PM, Mountain Moji said:

Thank you for the reply. I will check my PQ log to see what I may have overlooked. 

Happy caching! 

Not sure if this will make a difference but the forum is showing you as a Basic Member.  If you've recently upgraded you'll need to log out and log back in to update your status in the forums.

If you go to the Pocket Query page (https://www.geocaching.com/pocket/)  clicking on the "Pocket Queries Ready for Download" tab.   When a PQ runs it'll send an email message indicating that the results are available but you can just go to that tab to download the results of the most recent execution of each PQ query.   The system *used* to include the results in the email message but several years ago it was changed to just send an email notification.  At the same time, they also increased the max number of results that could be in a PQ and the max number of PQs run could run per day.