How often are new caches published?

It seems for awhile there'd be at least one new cache published in my area every day.  Now according to the search engine, there have been no new caches of any type published in almost a week.   Is this normal, or did some setting somewhere change?  I'm a premium member so I thought I'd be able to see all the new caches that publish in my area.  

New caches are published only if cachers create them. Around here (the New South Wales Central Coast in Australia), there were several a week when I first started in 2013 (125 for that year) but that has now become quite rare. We had a couple of people putting out some puzzle caches late last year and early this year, but it's dried up again and there's only been three since the beginning of March, one of which was mine (a multi) and the other two an Earthcache and a P&G traditional.

1 hour ago, HHL said:

Your area's reviewer Maagicwander was an attendee on GeoWoodstock. Might be that there wasn't enough spare time for reviews in the last days?

Hans

I think you might have the answer.  I enjoyed seeing TWO of the Oregon reviewers at GeoWoodstock, along with something like 50 other reviewers from all over the USA, as well as the UK, Denmark, Germany, Belgium....

I have not even peeked at the review queue in many days.  I'm having too much fun geocaching!  Leaving now for a "Counties Run" through Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia and ending in my home in Pennsylvania.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, knhdah said:

It seems for awhile there'd be at least one new cache published in my area every day.  Now according to the search engine, there have been no new caches of any type published in almost a week.   Is this normal, or did some setting somewhere change?  I'm a premium member so I thought I'd be able to see all the new caches that publish in my area.  

Weather, holidays... many things affect this.    

HHL gave a good example.  Along with the Reviewer at a major event, maybe  cachers are waiting to submit a new cache until they get back too.

Weather's our biggest here.  A few weeks ago I went for a series that hasn't been found in a year.   Turned out that someone was just ahead of me the whole time.  A year later, and two the same day.  The weather was nice.   :)    We know of two cachers who placed caches that day.