Map issues

jellis

I use Firefox on Microsoft 10. Not sure when this started but

On the maps (Google) it comes up as standard. When I change to Satellite all the caches disappear. When I refresh it goes back to Standard.

Also on the maps sometimes the left side showing the different kinds the scrolling won't work.

Edit to add

Another issue. A new cache came out. I can see it on my iphone but on my pc map it isn't showing up.

Edited by jellis
1 hour ago, jellis said:

On the maps (Google) it comes up as standard. When I change to Satellite all the caches disappear. When I refresh it goes back to Standard.

I just noticed that too. After the refresh, though, when I went back to satellite view the cache I wanted was showing. Weird.

While you're waiting patiently, have you tried the maps on the non-Google side?  That side is mis-labelled "Leaflet" but includes various flavors of mighty OSM (superb for trails), plus the excellent Esri WorldImagery satellite view.

That side uses different code than the Google side (Leaflet is the name of the code library), and I believe the bug is absent there.

Or have we already gone through this in a parallel thread?  I don't keep track.

Edited by Viajero Perdido
1 hour ago, Viajero Perdido said:

While you're waiting patiently, have you tried the maps on the non-Google side?  That side is mis-labelled "Leaflet" but includes various flavors of mighty OSM (superb for trails), plus the excellent Esri WorldImagery satellite view.

That side uses different code than the Google side (Leaflet is the name of the code library), and I believe the bug is absent there.

Or have we already gone through this in a parallel thread?  I don't keep track.

As I stated in another post I prefer google satellite imagery. It's superior to the other and more consistent.