Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
jellis

Map issues

Recommended Posts

I use Firefox on Microsoft 10. Not sure when this started but

 On the maps (Google) it comes up as standard. When I change to Satellite all the caches disappear. When I refresh it goes back to Standard.

Also on the maps sometimes the left side showing the different kinds the scrolling won't work.

Edit to add

Another issue. A new cache came out. I can see it on my iphone but on my pc map it isn't showing up.

Edited by jellis

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, jellis said:

On the maps (Google) it comes up as standard. When I change to Satellite all the caches disappear. When I refresh it goes back to Standard.

 

I just noticed that too. After the refresh, though, when I went back to satellite view the cache I wanted was showing. Weird.

Share this post


Link to post

This is an ongoing problem that they claim are looking into it. It's been a long time and no fix. Looks like they are ignoring it, how sad.

Edited by rustynails.

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 6:54 PM, rustynails. said:

This is an ongoing problem that they claim are looking into it. It's been a long time and no fix. Looks like they are ignoring it, how sad.

 

And now one week later, more of the same. No fix, No update. 

Share this post


Link to post

While you're waiting patiently, have you tried the maps on the non-Google side?  That side is mis-labelled "Leaflet" but includes various flavors of mighty OSM (superb for trails), plus the excellent Esri WorldImagery satellite view.

 

That side uses different code than the Google side (Leaflet is the name of the code library), and I believe the bug is absent there.

 

Or have we already gone through this in a parallel thread?  I don't keep track.

 

Edited by Viajero Perdido

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Viajero Perdido said:

While you're waiting patiently, have you tried the maps on the non-Google side?  That side is mis-labelled "Leaflet" but includes various flavors of mighty OSM (superb for trails), plus the excellent Esri WorldImagery satellite view.

 

That side uses different code than the Google side (Leaflet is the name of the code library), and I believe the bug is absent there.

 

Or have we already gone through this in a parallel thread?  I don't keep track.

 

 

 

As I stated in another post I prefer google satellite imagery. It's superior to the other and more consistent.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1

×