WSGA Puget Sound chapter, October Meeting

CachinCin

October Meeting

Many of our Puget Sound members to the north have been hoping to meet with us, so this month we're heading to Everett! We'll discuss a few items on the meeting agenda, eat pizza, and share geocaching stories. Wear your favorite geocaching gear and a few items to place in a group cache.

On the Agenda: new officers for next year + review the meeting day/time

When: October 21st, 7-9pm

Where: Alfy's Pizza,12720 4th Ave W, Everett

Coordinates: N 47 52.9392 W 122 14.3562

Puget Sound Pizza Party II Cache: PaulW will have an empty ammo box ready to stuff with geocaching trinkets, signature items, and travel bugs. Contribute something to the cache! He'll be placing it in a nearby park later that night or the next day, and you'll be able to search for it soon.

Big thanks go to PaulW (aka RightWingWacko) for finding and reserving this fun spot for the October meeting!

Click here for more information about the WSGA.

quote:
Originally posted by leatherman:

Alfy's! Eeoogh!...

Card board with tomato paste.

I don't want it to sound like I don't like their pizza.

http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/misc/eww.gif

I personally like Pizza Hut as I used to work there years and years ago, but have since discovered Fraschetta frozen pizza that you can get in the supermarket. Consumer's Report listed it as the number one pizza in terms of taste for store ones and compares with the restuarant ones. I agree!

Alfy's was not my first choice, but it's what was available. The Godfathers out in Harbour Point has a great meeting room, but went out of business a few weeks ago. Alfy's is pretty much the last remaining pizza joint with meeting rooms available.

I had considered places in Lake Stevens, Snohomish, and even Smokey Point, but wanted something more accesable to those from out of the area.

quote:
Originally posted by evergreenhiker!:

I personally like Pizza Hut as I used to work there years and years ago, but have since discovered Fraschetta frozen pizza

I have the same experience with Domino's. Not that they are better. Just the one that I'm most familiar with.

Actually I really liked Alfy's when I was in high school. They had different crusts. Like sourdough and whole grain. However some where they went astray. The crust is very poor and their sauce became very salty.

I've tried Freschetta. It is the best frozen, but it's no delivery pizza. IMO bad_boy_a.gif

quote:
Originally posted by pdxmarathonman:

Are you kidding about the weather? I haven't been paying attention - but the overnight low in Portland the last 2 days hasn't been below 60 degrees. Records for October. It is supposed to be over 75 AGAIN today [8D]

No rain in the forecast until tomorrow.

Just check the northwest cable news. All they talk about. Ridiculous all the rain we got. Bellevue has/had several streets closed due to torrential flooding. Same thing other areas.

Remember reading about the household that doesn't have cable? That's me! I did go check the paper and the official total at SeaTac was 3.28 inches. Yikes!

I grew up in Seattle/Kirkland/Lake Forest Park so I've known that Seattle is wetter than Portland, but this is ridiculous. If the roads out of town are still open - head south to the border. We have 1 or 2 caches in the area...

quote:
Originally posted by pdxmarathonman:

Remember reading about the household that doesn't have cable? That's me! I did go check the paper and the official total at SeaTac was 3.28 inches. Yikes!

I grew up in Seattle/Kirkland/Lake Forest Park so I've known that Seattle is wetter than Portland, but this is ridiculous. If the roads out of town are still open - head south to the border. We have 1 or 2 caches in the area...

Updated: As of this morning, Sea-Tac recorded 4.8 inches. This beats the all time recorded record of (I think they said) 1891 or 1899. I forget which year I heard this morning.

Accuweather shows it to be recorded at 5.02 inches.

Either way, it was reminescent of a tropical storm of my childhood memories that are more typical of the southern half of the east coast.

Cheers!

TL

quote:
the exchange rate on the money?

Depending on your point of origin in WA, the exchange rate can be as high as 1.088 (no sales tax). It sucks to work here though, there is an income tax. As for the language barrier - we speak lots of Californian and Washingtonian here icon_biggrin.gif

Weather systems can be pretty amazing things. We are having 2 days of record high temps for October and just 160 miles north you're setting other records. The Portland airport's official rainfall for yesterday was trace

Good luck, and have a good meeting tonight!