What kind of trackable do I have?

The Snowdog

When you look on your geocaching.com "Dashboard" at the trackables that you own, you get the list but there does not appear to be any way to tell from a particular TB entry what kind of TB it is (Mary Hyde, Halo Top, whatever). The only way I could view this information was to go to my public profile, trackables tab,  look at the trackables owned list there, and find the appropriate icon and click on it. Surely there is an easier way...

You should have a visible Mary Hyde icon,  showing what it is.

Looking on the profile dashboard Trackable Items  (yours) should have what it is right next to the icon.  It's the same on the "new" or old, and identical to the public profile.

Generic TBs have no icon (they cost extra), but do have "what they are" next to them as well.

Guess I'm not seeing what you're looking for...

I often wonder how folks who call all their generic TBs "Travel Bug Dog Tags"  keep track without entering cache pages.   :)

20 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

Looking on the profile dashboard Trackable Items  (yours) should have what it is right next to the icon.  It's the same on the "new" or old, and identical to the public profile.

Generic TBs have no icon (they cost extra), but do have "what they are" next to them as well.

Unless you just happen to know what each icon means, this isn't helpful.

As OP explained, in the trackable tab of one's public profile, you can find a description of each category of trackables moved and discovered or owned, and how many of each category.

This info is not found in the dashboard where all you can find is a list with the trackable's name and an undescribed icon.

Edited by Team Christiansen
spelling