Oregon 700 EPO.BIN file update via wifi?

I just recently acquired an Oregon 700 and in the rather spartan manual it says that it's supposed to update its EPO file (extended prediction orbit) over wifi. I've set mine up to connect to my home wifi and that appears to be happening (the Oregon is showing in the router's list of connected devices) but the EPO.BIN file under Garmin\GPS on the device hasn't changed since I first set the device up a month ago. Is there some trick to making this work?

On 5/21/2018 at 4:36 AM, barefootjeff said:

I just recently acquired an Oregon 700 and in the rather spartan manual it says that it's supposed to update its EPO file (extended prediction orbit) over wifi. I've set mine up to connect to my home wifi and that appears to be happening (the Oregon is showing in the router's list of connected devices) but the EPO.BIN file under Garmin\GPS on the device hasn't changed since I first set the device up a month ago. Is there some trick to making this work?

Did you get any answer in between or did you find a solution? I am struggling with the same also.

7 hours ago, HHCacher said:
On 5/21/2018 at 12:36 PM, barefootjeff said:

Did you get any answer in between or did you find a solution? I am struggling with the same also.

No, although Garmin Express now updates the EPO file whenever I connect the Oregon to my PC via the USB cable so it's no longer an issue for me.

11 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

No, although Garmin Express now updates the EPO file whenever I connect the Oregon to my PC via the USB cable so it's no longer an issue for me.

Thanks! Yeah, same here, but I am trying to avoid using a cable :-) meaning I am still searching for WiFi/BT solution.